Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"Awesome response, as usual. It is a sincere and refreshing pleasure to do business with DTN, compared to your competition." - Comment from Ryan
"Thanks for following up with me. You guys do a great job in tech support." - Comment from Phelps
"IQFeed version 4 is a real screamer compared to anything else I have seen." - Comment from Tom
"I cannot believe what a difference it makes trading with ProphetX!" - Comment from Bruce in Los Angeles
"DTN has never given me problems. It is incredibly stable. In fact I've occasionally lost the data feed from Interactive Brokers, but still been able to trade because I'm getting good data from DTN." - Comment from Leighton
"I'm satisfied with IQFeed. It's the most reliable and fastest quote feed I have ever used. Although I'm a resident in China, it's still very fast!" - Comment from Xiaofei
"Thanks for the great product and support. During this week of high volume trading, my QuoteTracker + IQ Feed setup never missed a beat. Also, thanks for your swiftness in responding to data issues. I was on ******* for a few years before I made the switch over early this year, and wish I had done it a long time ago." - Comment from Ken
"There is no doubt that IQFeed is the best data provider. I am very satisfied with your services. And IQFeed is the only one that I would recommend to my friends. Now, most of them are using your product in China." - Comment from Zhezhe
"I was on the phone with a friend who uses CQG and right after the Fed announcement, CQG was as much as 30 seconds behind DTN.IQ. Some quotes were off by as much as 15-18 cents. Your feed never missed a beat." - Comment from Roger
"Version 4.0.0.2 has been working well for me and I appreciate that it is now a much tighter client to work with. I feel I can go to press with my own application and rely on a stable platform" - Comment from David in IA.
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »IQFeed Developer Support »Multiple Summary Messages for Options
Author Topic: Multiple Summary Messages for Options (5 messages, Page 1 of 1)

JDonovan
-Interested User-

Posted: Feb 11, 2007 05:58 PM          Msg. 1 of 5
Hi there. Using version 4.2.0.7 and using only TCP/IP methods.

I am receiving 2 summary messages for option requests. The first is generally blank with the exception of the symbol and maybe 2 other fields present and the second is the message with all the information appropriately filled in.

I can do this with any option, setting the interest with something like:

Symbol="IBM BA";
csData.Format("w%s\n\r", Symbol);
Sent=Socket->Send(csData, csData.GetLength());

I don't receive the duplicate messages with equities or indexes, just options (have not tried on futures yet).

Is this a bug or does the first message have some meaning? Only have had the API for about a week now so I apologize if this has been gone over elsewhere. I saw something about it for equities, and about that being fixed but not about option requests...

Thanks in advance,

- Jeff

JDonovan
-Interested User-

Posted: Feb 11, 2007 06:01 PM          Msg. 2 of 5
final note - This is so consistent I can easilly work around it by just capturing both summaries and thowing away the first (which is exactly what I am doing now)....just a bit of bandwidth waste if the first message doesnt mean anything.

- Jeff

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Feb 12, 2007 08:53 AM          Msg. 3 of 5
This is definately a bug. I will look into it.

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Feb 14, 2007 09:33 AM          Msg. 4 of 5
Just a followup on this, this issue has been identified and will be resolved in the next version of IQFeed.

This issue does not only affect options. It can affect all data types.

It is most prevelant when dealing with delayed data and/or options.

There is not an external bandwith increase with this issue. The extra Summary message is being generated by IQFeed (as opposed to being sent from the server).

JDonovan
-Interested User-

Posted: Feb 15, 2007 10:28 AM          Msg. 5 of 5
Great and thanks for the follow up. That makes perfect sense as I have the problems with the options, it's the one area I have set to delayed feed (i'm just a developer).

I actually did run across a situation in on of our apps that the dup message does cause problems. The solution was to properly identify the summary as invalid. The one field I found consistently missing for options is the Strike Price. If the summary is invalid (for an option quote) the Strike will be missing, otherwise it will be present. While yea, there are many other fields missing, that was the one I could see missing each and every time for options, other fields seem to be filled in randomly in the invalid summary.

Anyway thanks for the note!

- Jeff

Time: Sat May 18, 2024 9:01 AM CFBB v1.2.0 6 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003