Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"IQ feed works very well, does not have all of the normal interruptions I have grown used to on *******" - Comment from Mark
"Its working FABULOUSLY for me!! Holy cow...there has been so much I've been missing lately, and with this feed and Linnsoft software...I'm in the game now." - Comment from Chris R.
"For anyone considering using DTN.IQ for a data feed, my experience with the quality of data and the tech support has been very positive." - Comment from Public Forum
"I just wanted to say how happy I am with your service. I was able to download the API docs last week and I was able to replicate Interactive Brokers historical bar queries and realtime bar queries over the weekend. That was about one of the fastest integrations that I've ever done and it works perfectly!!!!" - Comment from Jason via Email
"This is an excellent value, the system is generous (allowing for 500 stocks) and stable (and really is tick-by-tick), and the support is fantastic." - Comment from Shirin via Email
"There is no doubt that IQFeed is the best data provider. I am very satisfied with your services. And IQFeed is the only one that I would recommend to my friends. Now, most of them are using your product in China." - Comment from Zhezhe
"I am enjoying the feed very much - so superior to the broker provided feed I was previously using." - Comment from George
"I ran your IQFeed DDE vs. my broker vs. a level II window for some slow-moving options. I would see the level II quote change, then your feed update instantaneously. My broker's DDE, however, would take as much as 30 seconds to update. I am not chasing milliseconds, but half a minute is unacceptable." - Comment from Rob
"I am a hedge fund manager here. It’s funny, I have a Bloomberg terminal and a Bridge feed, but I still like having my DTN feed!" - Comment from Feras
"I was with ******* for 4 years at $230 a month, this is a huge savings for me, GOD BLESS YOU PEOPLE," - Comment from T.S. via Email
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »DTN.IQ Client Software Support »Excel/DDE, how to do automatic startup?
Author Topic: Excel/DDE, how to do automatic startup? (4 messages, Page 1 of 1)

AMA
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Apr 27, 2010 06:05 PM          Msg. 1 of 4
Hi - I have ventured into using Excel w/DDE connection to track some IQFeed numbers and it works great Wish I'd gotten into this years ago...

My question has to do with starting it all up. When I crank up excel and get the spreadsheet up, I get the message about 'Some active content has been disabled'. When I specify to enable the date connection(to IQFeed, I presume) and to enable the links, another message pops up about 'Remote data not accessible'. I select 'Yes to All' and the IQLINK.EXE app starts up, after which everything works fine.

Question is, how to I setup Excel to connect all the way through automatically and therefore bypass the manual steps?? I don't have any concerns about security, other apps, etc., as this pc is dedicated to DTNIQ stuff, so not to worry about any settings causing unforeseen consequences...

Thanks.

AMA
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Apr 27, 2010 06:07 PM          Msg. 2 of 4
oops...'date connection' --> 'data connection'.

AMA
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Apr 27, 2010 06:09 PM          Msg. 3 of 4
damn, can't type, can't proof read, no 'edit' button...

'how to I setup Excel' --> 'how do I setup Excel'.

DTN_CurtisT
-DTN Technical Support-

Posted: Apr 28, 2010 08:46 AM          Msg. 4 of 4
Hello AMA, unfortunately with running just the DDE there is really no way to automate the connection within Excel. The two prompts you are getting when you start your DDE Excel spreadsheet is normal since Excel needs to do so to establish the connection. Since you are getting two prompts it sounds like you are running in Excel 2003, in Excel 2007 there is only one prompt which is nice but that is about it. Now you can run a 3rd party software which work directly within Excel and have them direct connect to IQFeed bypassing the DDE connection and that will allow you to automatically connect that way. You can find the software on our site at http://www.iqfeed.net/index.cfm?displayaction=data§ion=software.

If you have any other problems or questions please let us know.

Curtis Thompson
curtis.thompson@dtn.com
Trading Markets Customer Service
1-800-397-7000 x3614

Time: Sun April 28, 2024 5:43 AM CFBB v1.2.0 13 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003