Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I am a hedge fund manager here. It’s funny, I have a Bloomberg terminal and a Bridge feed, but I still like having my DTN feed!" - Comment from Feras
"With HUGE volume on AAPL and RIMM for 2 days, everyone in a trading room was whining about freezes, crashes and lag with *******, RealTick, TS and Cyber. InvestorRT with IQFeed was rock solid. I mean SOLID!" - Comment from Public IRC Chat
"I noticed that ******* quotes locked up shortly after the interest rate announcement yesterday while yours stayed stable." - Comment from Ron in Utah
"I have been using IQFeed now for a few years in MultiCharts and I have zero complaints. Very, very rare to have any data hiccups or anything at all go wrong." - Comment from Public Forum
"I had always used ******* but for the past 2 weeks have been trying DTN IQFeed. Customer support has been extraordinary. They call just to make sure your problem hasn't recurred." - Comment from Public Forum
"Very impressed with the quality of your feed - ******* is a real donkey in comparison." - Comment from A.C. via Email
"Just a quick one to say I'm very impressed so far :) The documentation for developers is excellent and I've quickly managed to get an app written to do historical downloads. The system is very robust and pretty quick considering the extent of data that's available. The support guys have been very helpful too, in combination with the forums it's been plain sailing so far!" - Comment from Adam
"Awesome response, as usual. It is a sincere and refreshing pleasure to do business with DTN, compared to your competition." - Comment from Ryan
"I started a trial a few weeks back before the market went wild. DTN.IQ didn’t miss anything and beat my other provider. I decided to stay with you because of the great service through all the volatility." - Comment from Mike
"I've been using IQFeed 4 in a multi-threaded situation for the last week or two on 2600 symbols or so with 100 simultaneous daily charts, and I have had 100% responsiveness." - Comment from Scott
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »Data and Content Support »What is going on in @ES#? Corrupt data
Author Topic: What is going on in @ES#? Corrupt data (5 messages, Page 1 of 1)

programmer
-Interested User-

Posted: Aug 18, 2010 10:46 AM          Msg. 1 of 5
I'm looking at tick data on the @ES# instrument and I'm seeing all sorts of bad data. It may not be just that symbol, it's the only one I have looked at.

Some ticks have dates with bad years like 22010-MM-DD, 202010-MM-DD, 2012010-MM-DD, and 20102010-MM-DD.

I'm also seeing some ticks with an incorrect number of fields like:
2010-08-04 10:08:12,1122.50,1,519776,513811,1123.75,1124.00,11823938,0,0

That tick has an extra field that shouldn't be there (looks like the volume got duplicated or something).

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Aug 18, 2010 11:07 AM          Msg. 2 of 5
Can you give me some more information? Did this just start happening today or has it happened in the past?

What is the request you are using? If you re-request the data do you get the same data again?

Are you making multiple requests to the feed at the same time?

programmer
-Interested User-

Posted: Aug 18, 2010 11:24 AM          Msg. 3 of 5
I suppose it could be a bug in the platform. It seems like mostly older dates (a week or two ago) when pulled from historical data.

I'll have to wait till the end of the day so I can pull ticks that old, then I'll try refreshing from a fresh install of the platform and see how that goes. I'm just requesting one symbol at a time. I'm not sure what request the platform uses but I can find out.

I have never seen this before so that's why I was thinking it might be the data itself but now I don't know.
Edited by programmer on Aug 18, 2010 at 11:26 AM

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Aug 18, 2010 11:26 AM          Msg. 4 of 5
We took a look at the data on the servers and didn't see any corruption.

Let me know what you find out on your end.

programmer
-Interested User-

Posted: Aug 18, 2010 11:46 AM          Msg. 5 of 5
I think it's just a bug in the platform that was introduced with recent updates. I was able to recreate the problem just with last weeks data and it seemed somewhat random.

Sorry for the noise but I think everything is working fine (or will be once they fix it ).

Time: Sat May 18, 2024 6:23 AM CFBB v1.2.0 10 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003