Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I've been using Neoticker RT with IQFeed for two months, and I'm very happy with both of the products (I've had IQFeed for two years with very few complaints). The service from both companies is exceptional." - Comment from Public Forum
"Just a quick one to say I'm very impressed so far :) The documentation for developers is excellent and I've quickly managed to get an app written to do historical downloads. The system is very robust and pretty quick considering the extent of data that's available. The support guys have been very helpful too, in combination with the forums it's been plain sailing so far!" - Comment from Adam
"It’s so nice to be working with real professionals!" - Comment from Len
"I cannot believe what a difference it makes trading with ProphetX!" - Comment from Bruce in Los Angeles
"I've been using IQFeed 4 in a multi-threaded situation for the last week or two on 2600 symbols or so with 100 simultaneous daily charts, and I have had 100% responsiveness." - Comment from Scott
"After all the anxiety I had with my previous data provider it is a relief not to have to worry about data speed and integrity." - Comment from Eamonn
"Awesome response, as usual. It is a sincere and refreshing pleasure to do business with DTN, compared to your competition." - Comment from Ryan
"I will tell others who want to go into trading that DTN ProphetX is an invaluable tool, I don't think anyone can trade without it..." - Comment from Luther
"I am very happy I changed. I love the product, but more so I am thrilled with Tech Support. You are knowledgeable, polite, pleasant and professional." - Comment from Pat
"I ran your IQFeed DDE vs. my broker vs. a level II window for some slow-moving options. I would see the level II quote change, then your feed update instantaneously. My broker's DDE, however, would take as much as 30 seconds to update. I am not chasing milliseconds, but half a minute is unacceptable." - Comment from Rob
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »Data and Content Support »ATTN. Jay: Conflicting ES Data on 7/8
Author Topic: ATTN. Jay: Conflicting ES Data on 7/8 (5 messages, Page 1 of 1)

conr
-Interested User-

Posted: Jul 21, 2011 10:11 AM          Msg. 1 of 5
Jay I hope YOU can address this. I've asked about this twice before from tech. support and no one followed up.

Talking to several people who use either Sierra Chart, as I do, or IRT along with IQFeed, we get conflicting data for the ES. On July 8, during RTH, I show, along with a couple of others, a VPOC of 1333.75 while others are showing 1335.50. Can you please confirm what your data is showing please? There have been other days that have conflicting data as well.

Thank you very much

conr
-Interested User-

Posted: Jul 22, 2011 03:36 PM          Msg. 2 of 5
After looking at this more, I noticed that if I reload data with minute data it gives me the 33.75 vpoc but then load with tick data it gives me 35.50 vpoc.

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Jul 28, 2011 10:22 AM          Msg. 3 of 5
conr, my apologies for the delayed response.

VPOC isnt something we provide inherently in the feed which means it has to be calculated in the software package that is being used.

From my understanding VPOC is an analysis that determines the price at which the heaviest volume of trades are executed during a given time period.

This means that if you are building the data from the streaming feed, it could vary from user to user depending on the quality of thier connection to our servers.

If you are building the data from historical data, there could still be some variance depending on how you are building it. It should match if you are building from tick data. However, minute data could also be off between software vendors depending on how each one calculates it (does it use an average of the H/L or does it use the Open/Close at each interval?).

Basically, without knowing how each software package is calculating the VPOC it will be nearly impossible for us to track down the cause of this. After that point, we will also need the loginIDs of the users comparing so that we can monitor the connections while they are showing different values.

conr
-Interested User-

Posted: Jul 29, 2011 11:22 AM          Msg. 4 of 5
Geez, here we go. He said she said. Sierra Charts says it's your feed. Everybody blames the other and nobody wants to fix.

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: Jul 29, 2011 01:48 PM          Msg. 5 of 5
Not sure where in the reply we were blaming anyone. We can't troubleshoot analytics or signals from 3rd party analytics unfortunately. Our support group is more than willing to work with you to try to identify why you are seeing different results. Give them a call, provide details on what you are seeing, and we will dig in to try to help you. The reason we provide 800# support is because WE DO want to help customers fix issues.

Jay Froscheiser
Telvent DTN

Time: Sat April 20, 2024 7:52 AM CFBB v1.2.0 11 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003