Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I like you guys better than *******...much more stable and a whole lot fewer issues." - Comment from Philip
"If someone needs the best quality data and backfill beyond what their broker provides at a rate that is the best in the industry, I highly recommend IQFeed." - Comment from Josh via Public Forum
"IQ feed works very well, does not have all of the normal interruptions I have grown used to on *******" - Comment from Mark
"Version 4.0.0.2 has been working well for me and I appreciate that it is now a much tighter client to work with. I feel I can go to press with my own application and rely on a stable platform" - Comment from David in IA.
"I am very happy I changed. I love the product, but more so I am thrilled with Tech Support. You are knowledgeable, polite, pleasant and professional." - Comment from Pat
"You are much better than lawyers or the phone company because you answer the phone when I call! I just love your customer service." - Comment from Isreal
"And by the way, have to say this. I love the IQFeed software. It's rock solid and it has a really nice API." - Comment from Thomas via RT Chat
"IQ feed is brilliant. The support is mind-bending. What service!" - Comment from Public Forum Post
"I was on the phone with a friend who uses CQG and right after the Fed announcement, CQG was as much as 30 seconds behind DTN.IQ. Some quotes were off by as much as 15-18 cents. Your feed never missed a beat." - Comment from Roger
"I was with ******* for 4 years at $230 a month, this is a huge savings for me, GOD BLESS YOU PEOPLE," - Comment from T.S. via Email
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »IQFeed Developer Wish List »Platform Independent Java Version
Author Topic: Platform Independent Java Version (11 messages, Page 1 of 1)

AMS
-Interested User-

Posted: Aug 9, 2011 07:14 PM          Msg. 1 of 11
Greeting all,

I noticed mentioned in some older post (2010) by telvent moderators that a Java version of iqfeed is being worked on, but still in very early development

Is the Java version still being worked on? Is this initiative still alive? When can we expected a release 2011/2012?

Regards,
AMS

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: Aug 9, 2011 08:19 PM          Msg. 2 of 11
We weren't happy with the performance we were getting with a cross platform Java client we were working on, so we scratched the project. Instead, we are going a different direction for cross platform access that likely will include direct server connectivity. With the projects on the table currently, we likely wont have anything to announce until 2012.

Jay Froscheiser
Telvent DTN

AMS
-Interested User-

Posted: Aug 26, 2011 08:51 AM          Msg. 3 of 11
thanks jay for the information, and please keep us updated of the progress if possible

Regards
Edited by AMS on Aug 26, 2011 at 08:51 AM

AMS
-Interested User-

Posted: Apr 18, 2012 07:39 PM          Msg. 4 of 11
Any updates on this topic,
and I also wonder, will the cross platform solution use Mono & C#?

ysaidji
-Interested User-

Posted: Nov 10, 2012 08:01 PM          Msg. 5 of 11
Could you kindly update us on expected release date of server connectivity?
Many thanks

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

Posted: Nov 11, 2012 10:22 AM          Msg. 6 of 11
Thanks for your continued interest in a cross platform IQFeed. We continue to weigh our development priorities in order to provide the best service to the majority of our customers. To date, the majority of people looking for a cross platform IQFeed were interested in Linux. Because IQFeed has no issues running under WINE on Linux, it has been tough to move this to the top of the list. In other words, the majority of people who have requested cross platform versions of IQFeed have found that their needs were met with the current IQFeed client.
Direct server connectivity is a possibility still, but we must ensure compliance with exchange rules (something that becomes much more difficult without a client).

All that being said, this is a project we have high on the list for 2013.

Jay Froscheiser
Telvent DTN

jonnyb
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Oct 25, 2013 04:01 PM          Msg. 7 of 11
Jay- Wanted to check in and see if there was any update on this? Thanks

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

Posted: Oct 25, 2013 04:13 PM          Msg. 8 of 11
Jonnyb,

I don't have anything new to report. It is still on our priority list but over time this has become less of an issue as customers have found they can run IQFeed on multiple platforms with emulators. I would love to learn more about your specific needs and reasons for needing a cross platform Java version (or is there something else specifically we aren't able to address for you today)..

Feel free to PM me or email me directly to start a dialog.

Jay Froscheiser
Vice President, Active Trader Products

jonnyb
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Oct 28, 2013 10:25 AM          Msg. 9 of 11
You're quick...thanks for that. My interest actually comes from a slightly different place in that I'm still battling latency issues with a large universe of symbols and have a hunch that going direct to server would help. That was all; if this becomes available before NxCore establishes a server in NY/NJ, I'll be giving it a try.

AMS
-Interested User-

Posted: Sep 20, 2015 11:41 PM          Msg. 10 of 11
Any updates on this topic?

Is this project still being worked on, is it dropped?

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

Posted: Sep 23, 2015 01:46 PM          Msg. 11 of 11
This project was "tabled" and isn't actively being worked on any longer. We continue to contemplate cross platform options however. Because Linux and Mac are the primary demand outside of Windows, WINE has solved the "cross-platform issue" for the majority of our customers. We continue to look at ways we can make installation and operation more smooth for those who aren't comfortable setting up WINE.

Jay Froscheiser
Vice President, Active Trader Products

Time: Fri April 19, 2024 2:51 PM CFBB v1.2.0 18 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003