Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I was with ******* for 4 years at $230 a month, this is a huge savings for me, GOD BLESS YOU PEOPLE," - Comment from T.S. via Email
"DTN feed was the only feed that consistently matched Bloomberg feed for BID/ASK data verification work these past years......DTN feed is a must for my supply & demand based trading using Cumulative Delta" - Comment from Public Forum Post
"Very impressed with the quality of your feed - ******* is a real donkey in comparison." - Comment from A.C. via Email
"With HUGE volume on AAPL and RIMM for 2 days, everyone in a trading room was whining about freezes, crashes and lag with *******, RealTick, TS and Cyber. InvestorRT with IQFeed was rock solid. I mean SOLID!" - Comment from Public IRC Chat
"I cannot believe what a difference it makes trading with ProphetX!" - Comment from Bruce in Los Angeles
"Can I get another account from you? I am tired of ******* going down so often" - Comment from George
"I'm satisfied with IQFeed. It's the most reliable and fastest quote feed I have ever used. Although I'm a resident in China, it's still very fast!" - Comment from Xiaofei
"I just wanted to say how happy I am with your service. I was able to download the API docs last week and I was able to replicate Interactive Brokers historical bar queries and realtime bar queries over the weekend. That was about one of the fastest integrations that I've ever done and it works perfectly!!!!" - Comment from Jason via Email
"This is an excellent value, the system is generous (allowing for 500 stocks) and stable (and really is tick-by-tick), and the support is fantastic." - Comment from Shirin via Email
"I will tell others who want to go into trading that DTN ProphetX is an invaluable tool, I don't think anyone can trade without it..." - Comment from Luther
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »IQFeed Developer Support »Trying to under Interval
Author Topic: Trying to under Interval (5 messages, Page 1 of 1)

Ensotrader
-Interested User-

Posted: Jul 14, 2015 02:16 PM          Msg. 1 of 5
Hi

I'm trying to understand the value to use in the iInterval field of a ReqHistoryIntervalTimeframe with iIntervalType =s
bstrSymbol = @ES#

I'm also using bstrBeginDateTime = 20150713 000000 (I've also tried 20150713 093000) and
bstrBeginFilterTime = 093000 and bstrEndFilterTime = 161500

When I use 60, I get back minute bars as expected.
When I use 1800 (30min) it works as expected,
However when I go to 3600 (1hr) I only get back bars ending with 11:00, 12:00, etc.
And when I use 24300 (the entire RTH session from 0930 to 1615) I get back a bar ending at 20:15:00, and I'm not sure where it's getting the HLOC from.

DTN_Tim Walter
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Jul 14, 2015 02:37 PM          Msg. 2 of 5
Hello,

All of our intra-day bars are built from midnight, with a remained bar sent for the final bar of the day, if needed. So your 60 minute request generates the 11:00, 12:00, etc. bars you are seeing, and then your filter causes you to only see a subset of that data. To get intervals on the half hour, you would need to pull in 30 minute bars and build your 60 minute bars on the client end.

Tim

Ensotrader
-Interested User-

Posted: Jul 14, 2015 03:16 PM          Msg. 3 of 5
OK, that fits with what I'm seeing.
Thanks.

Guess that means I can't get 1 bar that covers the RTH session, eh?

And since the session starts at the bottom of the hour, anything over 30mins we have to roll up from smaller bars?

DTN_Tim Walter
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Jul 14, 2015 03:18 PM          Msg. 4 of 5
Correct. I would recommend just using 1 minute bars if you have variable needs, that way the same function can work for any minute interval and the filtering mechanism will make the most sense that way as well.

Tim

Ensotrader
-Interested User-

Posted: Jul 14, 2015 03:33 PM          Msg. 5 of 5
Thanks Tim.

Time: Thu May 2, 2024 8:28 PM CFBB v1.2.0 15 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003