Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »IQFeed Developer Support »Setting up Wine on Linux box - completely newbie
Author Topic: Setting up Wine on Linux box - completely newbie (3 messages, Page 1 of 1)

Aldebaran
-Interested User-

Posted: Sep 24, 2015 02:16 AM          Msg. 1 of 3
Dear all

I am completely new to IQFeed - just got my API access.

I am working on a Linux machine, write C++ and have the example .exe's supplied for API customers up'n'running.

However I am struggling with how to build new applications on my Linux platform. Anything in particular to setup, what to include and so forth? While I have been going through the example code that can be downloaded from the developer site it keep finding myself in a mess about what is the dialogs and what is IQFeed.

So if anyone has tips, directions or maybe some simple example of a C++ command line program I will be very grateful!

Thanks so much in advance.

All the best, Peter

DTN_Tim Walter
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Sep 24, 2015 09:53 AM          Msg. 2 of 3
Good morning,

If you look at the ConsoleBenchmarkApp, that one should give you a starting point. But, if you have any questions on anything, just let us know. Did you get IQFeed up and running on WINE ok?

Tim

Aldebaran
-Interested User-

Posted: Sep 24, 2015 02:45 PM          Msg. 3 of 3
Hi Tim

Thanks very much for your reply. It was exactly something like this I was looking for!

Getting IQFeed to run in Wine was very easy. Just started the installer using wine and all the example .exe's I've tried so far works. So I think my biggest problem is getting my head around how to actually code with IQFeed.

All the best, Peter

Time: Fri September 20, 2024 7:43 PM CFBB v1.2.0 10 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003