Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I am very happy I changed. I love the product, but more so I am thrilled with Tech Support. You are knowledgeable, polite, pleasant and professional." - Comment from Pat
"This beats the pants off CQG, I am definitely switching to the ProphetX 3.0!" - Comment from Stephen
"Just a quick one to say I'm very impressed so far :) The documentation for developers is excellent and I've quickly managed to get an app written to do historical downloads. The system is very robust and pretty quick considering the extent of data that's available. The support guys have been very helpful too, in combination with the forums it's been plain sailing so far!" - Comment from Adam
"Boy, probably spent a thousand hours trying to get ******* API to work right. And now two hours to have something running with IQFeed. Hmmm, guess I was pretty stupid to fight rather than switch all this time. And have gotten more customer service from you guys already than total from them… in five years." - Comment from Jim
"Thanks for the great product and support. During this week of high volume trading, my QuoteTracker + IQ Feed setup never missed a beat. Also, thanks for your swiftness in responding to data issues. I was on ******* for a few years before I made the switch over early this year, and wish I had done it a long time ago." - Comment from Ken
"Awesome response, as usual. It is a sincere and refreshing pleasure to do business with DTN, compared to your competition." - Comment from Ryan
"You have an excellent feed. Very few spikes for Spot Forex." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"Everything is working amazing now. I'm already impressed with the true-tick feed of IQFeed and it's ability to support my 480 symbol layout." - Comment from Tyler via Email
"Interactive Brokers tick data was inconsistent, so I have switched to using DTN exclusively. It is great to no longer have to worry about my datafeed all day long." - Comment from Philippe
"I've been using IQFeed 4 in a multi-threaded situation for the last week or two on 2600 symbols or so with 100 simultaneous daily charts, and I have had 100% responsiveness." - Comment from Scott
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »DTN.IQ Client Software Support »Recording macros in Excel using DTNIQ and DDE Link
Author Topic: Recording macros in Excel using DTNIQ and DDE Link (8 messages, Page 1 of 1)

gdeboeck
-Interested User-

Posted: Feb 11, 2005 04:33 PM          Msg. 1 of 8
In MyPortfolioSpreadsheet I am trying to record a macro. After entering a macro name, a shortcut key, a description I click OK. I then get a screen asking for VBA Password.

Whatever I enter is rejected and no macro can be recorded.

Could you please inform me what VBA Password is for spreadsheets under DTNIQ?

Or alternatively how to avoid having to enter a password for a macro . I already have lowered the security to low, but the spreadsheet is still asking for a VBA password.

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: Feb 11, 2005 10:24 PM          Msg. 2 of 8
Try the sample DDE spreadsheet that is available at ftp://www.dtniq.com/iq/ . I had updated this one with the macro that isn't password protected. If you replace the one included in the DTN.IQ installation with this one, I think it will take care of it for you.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN Market Access, LLC.

gdeboeck
-Interested User-

Posted: Feb 11, 2005 10:39 PM          Msg. 3 of 8
at ftp://www.dtniq.com/iq/ i found no sample spreadsheet (links to sample don't work); furthermore why should I now rebuild all the spreadsheets I have done under the original sample spreadsheet. Why not simply provide me with the password that is imbedded in the original sample?

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

Posted: Feb 12, 2005 08:12 AM          Msg. 4 of 8
Clicking on the file while browsing that URL in a webbrowser it downloads fine for me. I don't have the password, which is why I gave you this URL.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN Market Access, LLC.

gdeboeck
-Interested User-

Posted: Feb 12, 2005 09:01 AM          Msg. 5 of 8
At ftp://www.dtniq.com/iq/ I see under Name two listing of Sample
Clicking on either of them produces

Sample: The system cannot find the file specified

Hence I am not getting the same as you do...

Is there no way to eliminate the VB password?

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

Posted: Feb 12, 2005 10:30 AM          Msg. 6 of 8
PM me on the forums here with your email address and I will email the file to you. I don't have the password (which is the only way to get into it) with me while I am in NY. However, you may be able to just take the macro from the updated sample and put it in the old one (not too sure).

Jay Froscheiser
DTN Market Access, LLC.

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

Posted: Feb 12, 2005 10:34 AM          Msg. 7 of 8
My guess is the problem is in your browser downloading files with spaces in the names. I tried with IE as well as Firefox by just browsing to the FTP directory, then clicking on the file name and doing a "save as". Other than that I am not sure why it wouldn't be found for you.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN Market Access, LLC.

gdeboeck
-Interested User-

Posted: Feb 12, 2005 12:39 PM          Msg. 8 of 8
I got the Sample spreadsheet; tested the macros and was able to add one...so this sample is less restrictive than the one posted earlier or the one included in the dtniq setup. Thanks for your help. My e-mail for future reference: guido@dokus.com

Time: Sat April 27, 2024 6:05 AM CFBB v1.2.0 10 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003