Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"Excellent datafeed !!!" - Comment from Arely
"I am a hedge fund manager here. It’s funny, I have a Bloomberg terminal and a Bridge feed, but I still like having my DTN feed!" - Comment from Feras
"Everything is working great ! Very impressive client. The news refreshes better and is more pertinent than the ******* feed I paid $ 100/month for. I Also like the charts a lot." - Comment from Leon
"With HUGE volume on AAPL and RIMM for 2 days, everyone in a trading room was whining about freezes, crashes and lag with *******, RealTick, TS and Cyber. InvestorRT with IQFeed was rock solid. I mean SOLID!" - Comment from Public IRC Chat
"You have an excellent product !!!!!!" - Comment from Arely
"If someone needs the best quality data and backfill beyond what their broker provides at a rate that is the best in the industry, I highly recommend IQFeed." - Comment from Josh via Public Forum
"Thanks for the great product and support. During this week of high volume trading, my QuoteTracker + IQ Feed setup never missed a beat. Also, thanks for your swiftness in responding to data issues. I was on ******* for a few years before I made the switch over early this year, and wish I had done it a long time ago." - Comment from Ken
"If you are serious about your trading I would not rely on IB data for serious daytrading. Took me a while to justify the cost of IQ Feed and in the end, it's just a 2 point stop on ES. Better safe than sorry" - Comment from Public Forum
"Its working FABULOUSLY for me!! Holy cow...there has been so much I've been missing lately, and with this feed and Linnsoft software...I'm in the game now." - Comment from Chris R.
"I will tell others who want to go into trading that DTN ProphetX is an invaluable tool, I don't think anyone can trade without it..." - Comment from Luther
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »DTN.IQ Client Software Support »Beta scanner won't start up again!
Author Topic: Beta scanner won't start up again! (8 messages, Page 1 of 1)

jbclem
-Interested User-

Posted: Mar 11, 2005 08:53 AM          Msg. 1 of 8
I'm getting the same error message I had a week ago;

"Communications error-our socket connection to the server was unexpectedly closed. The program is going to exit. Please rerum Marketscan".

This time I haven't reset my router, and I checked it's configuration and it's setup for the same ports I usually have it set for. You never answered my request for the port numbers that the beta scanner uses, so I can't check them. But it was working yesterday and nothing has changed with the router since yesterday.

Any suggestions?

John

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: Mar 11, 2005 09:11 AM          Msg. 2 of 8
John, The server is 60013 or 5013.

In resetting your router, I assume you have also logged completely out and logged back in (to our software)?

Jay Froscheiser
DTN Market Access, LLC.

jbclem
-Interested User-

Posted: Mar 11, 2005 02:51 PM          Msg. 3 of 8
Thanks for the port numbers...I set them into the router both for TCP and UDP but it didn't help. The problem still exists. As far as logging in, I can't access the software so if there is a logging in process, which I don't remember, I haven't been able to do it.

John

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

Posted: Mar 11, 2005 03:45 PM          Msg. 4 of 8
The login I am talking about is the IQFeed or DTN.IQ software. You must be logged in to one of these for the Scans to work. The ports will be TCP btw. If you have been logged into IQFeed and/or DTN.IQ overnight, the next day scans won't connect. Thus, you will need to re-login to establish new security credentials.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN Market Access, LLC.

jbclem
-Interested User-

Posted: Mar 11, 2005 04:10 PM          Msg. 5 of 8
Jay,

After closing and restarting TS2000i (and DTN and Hyperserver Lite), Marketscan is working again. I disabled the port settings in the router and Marketscan is still working, even after opening and closing it. So the problem doesn't seem to have anything to do with the ports...somehow Marketscan is losing it's connection and logging in again is starting it back up. I'm running Quotetracker at the same time...could this have anything to do with it?

John

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

Posted: Mar 11, 2005 04:15 PM          Msg. 6 of 8
No. The issue is with the fact that you have IQ running overnight. The scans server is changing the security credentials each night, so you will need to re-login to get them for the scans app to work the next day. We will be making a change to the server to correct this. In the mean time, you will need to re-login to IQFeed each day to get scans to operate.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN Market Access, LLC.

jbclem
-Interested User-

Posted: Mar 11, 2005 05:35 PM          Msg. 7 of 8
That makes sense. Some days I have to close TS2000i and DTN IQFeed, and restart them, because the connection from Hyperserver is dropped. Some days I don't have to do this. That would explain why this problem has been intermittent.

Please let me know when you make the change in the server. In the meantime I guess I'll have to close down DTN and the others each night...a royal pain because I usually have to "end task" IQConnect.exe and Hypersrv.exe, and also close down Quotetracker (IQFeed will not restart if Quotetracker is open), and it often takes two or three tries to get them(excluding QT) to all start up together. And sometimes even when there is no IQConnect.exe visible in the TaskManager (Win2000), I'll still get an error message that IQ is still running and thus won't start up. Then I have to reboot the computer.

John

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

Posted: Mar 11, 2005 06:25 PM          Msg. 8 of 8
We were going to try to make the change this weekend, but I didn't receive notification if it is happening before I left work today. I think it was just a configuration change that was needed, so we should be able to do it quickly (no need to write code .. QA ... etc).

Jay Fro

Jay Froscheiser
DTN Market Access, LLC.

Time: Thu April 18, 2024 2:23 AM CFBB v1.2.0 12 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003