Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I like you guys better than *******...much more stable and a whole lot fewer issues." - Comment from Philip
"You have an excellent product !!!!!!" - Comment from Arely
"With HUGE volume on AAPL and RIMM for 2 days, everyone in a trading room was whining about freezes, crashes and lag with *******, RealTick, TS and Cyber. InvestorRT with IQFeed was rock solid. I mean SOLID!" - Comment from Public IRC Chat
"There is no doubt that IQFeed is the best data provider. I am very satisfied with your services. And IQFeed is the only one that I would recommend to my friends. Now, most of them are using your product in China." - Comment from Zhezhe
"I'm satisfied with IQFeed. It's the most reliable and fastest quote feed I have ever used. Although I'm a resident in China, it's still very fast!" - Comment from Xiaofei
"I am very pleased with the DTNIQ system for quotes and news." - Comment from Larry
"I had always used ******* but for the past 2 weeks have been trying DTN IQFeed. Customer support has been extraordinary. They call just to make sure your problem hasn't recurred." - Comment from Public Forum
"I "bracket trade" all major news releases and I have not found one lag or glitch with DTN.IQ feed. I am very comfortable with their feed under all typical news conditions (Fed releases, employment numbers, etc)." - Comment from Public Forum
"DTN has never given me problems. It is incredibly stable. In fact I've occasionally lost the data feed from Interactive Brokers, but still been able to trade because I'm getting good data from DTN." - Comment from Leighton
"My broker in Davenport suggested I give you a try as he uses your service and says its the best." - Comment from Bill via RT Chat
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »Data and Content Support »No history data for some Nasdaq E suffix symbols
Author Topic: No history data for some Nasdaq E suffix symbols (3 messages, Page 1 of 1)

kdresser
-Interested User-

Posted: Jun 11, 2005 11:20 PM          Msg. 1 of 3
I'm pulling minutebar history data. Some "E" symbols have data (e.g., RCOME, SIMGE) but others do not (e.g., EMBTE, UTSIE, VOXXE). The gaps I'm trying to backfill are in March, well within 120 days.

Can someone explain why this is happening?

skunk
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Jun 12, 2005 09:31 AM          Msg. 2 of 3
I believe the E character is temporary. Whenever a Nasdaq stock has been delinquent in required filings with the SEC, it gets the 'E' until the paperwork is up to date.

kdresser
-Interested User-

Posted: Jun 12, 2005 01:02 PM          Msg. 3 of 3
Yes, skunk, that's what the e-suffix shuffle is all about. What it ends up creating is an interrupted pair of data series for some symbols.

For example, RCOM is currently without an E suffix, but since April 1, it has been changed to RCOME for two separte runs of a few weeks each. When I ask for RCOME history, I get those two separate series just fine. When I ask for RCOM history, I get the main series with the two recent gaps missing. Combining the two gets a complete series.

But this is not working for all affected symbols and I cannot see if it something I'm doing wrong or if there's something wonky in the history database.

It works for SIMG/SIMGE and RCOM/RCOME but not for EMBT/EMBTE, UTSI/UTSIE, VOXX/VOXXE.

Thanks.

Time: Sat May 11, 2024 12:55 PM CFBB v1.2.0 11 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003