Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"The service is great, I see a noticeable improvement in my volume profiles over [broker]'s data feed" - Comment from Larry
"Awesome response, as usual. It is a sincere and refreshing pleasure to do business with DTN, compared to your competition." - Comment from Ryan
"Interactive Brokers tick data was inconsistent, so I have switched to using DTN exclusively. It is great to no longer have to worry about my datafeed all day long." - Comment from Philippe
"Version 4.0.0.2 has been working well for me and I appreciate that it is now a much tighter client to work with. I feel I can go to press with my own application and rely on a stable platform" - Comment from David in IA.
"I "bracket trade" all major news releases and I have not found one lag or glitch with DTN.IQ feed. I am very comfortable with their feed under all typical news conditions (Fed releases, employment numbers, etc)." - Comment from Public Forum
"Everything is working great ! Very impressive client. The news refreshes better and is more pertinent than the ******* feed I paid $ 100/month for. I Also like the charts a lot." - Comment from Leon
"I am enjoying the feed very much - so superior to the broker provided feed I was previously using." - Comment from George
"My broker in Davenport suggested I give you a try as he uses your service and says its the best." - Comment from Bill via RT Chat
"You have an excellent feed. Very few spikes for Spot Forex." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"If someone needs the best quality data and backfill beyond what their broker provides at a rate that is the best in the industry, I highly recommend IQFeed." - Comment from Josh via Public Forum
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
Viewing User Profile for: chito_j
About Contact
Last Post: Jan 25, 2010 05:25 PM
Interests:
AIM:
Yahoo IM:
Post Statistics
chito_j has contributed to 6 posts out of 21193 total posts (0.03%) in 5,264 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Data and Content Support » New option symbols Jan 25, 2010 05:25 PM (Total replies: 20)

Hi Jay

Will DTN still be posting daily (per an earlier eMail on this thread) or just weekly? If the latter, will it be on Fridays (eg, the next one will be for the 22nd)?

Thanks

Data and Content Support » New option symbols Jan 10, 2010 07:26 PM (Total replies: 20)

Hi Jay

Can you post the URL for 2010 data? I've tried variations of the URL from an earlier posting on this thread, but haven't been able to access the right location

Thanks

Data and Content Support » New option symbols Dec 22, 2009 07:31 PM (Total replies: 20)

Thanks for opting to publish daily updates. Can you confirm the location . . . I tried the above URL with a modified date (for the 21st) but was unable to link to a file

Data and Content Support » New option symbols Dec 17, 2009 03:44 PM (Total replies: 20)

Thanks Steve . . . the data file is just what I was looking for!

I ran the contents through our index analytics and we got about 99% of the expected universe we were after. The missing 1% seems to arise with valid contracts that have 0-bid & 0-ask (eg, SZJ LP, new symbol SZJ1117L280 - underlying is SPX). Would it be possible to include these also (since our analytics would like to see the entire chain)?

I'd also suggest that a fresh set be published weekly (so that new contracts get picked up) until the OSI symbology goes industry-wide on Feb 12. I think many of your options users will find this quite useful.

Again, many thanks to you and the server team for a timely and comprehensive response. If only other vendors could be as good . . .

Data and Content Support » New option symbols Dec 15, 2009 02:53 PM (Total replies: 20)

Hi Steve

An exchange code will discriminate between two interlisted contracts issued with the same expiry and strike (eg, we've come across this with BKX - the bank index - in the past, though I can't see anything at this time that I can forward as an active example)

However, even the full expiry date data (ie, mm/dd/yyyy or some variant) will take care of the bulk of the problems I'm encountering re generating a clean map

Also, it would be great if these inputs (ie, exp.dt | exchg) to my mapping utility could be provided as part of the end-of-day symbol file (ie, the zip'd one). I can then align the current OPRA code with the new OSI symbol in return (also in csv fmt)

Thanks / ... Chito

Data and Content Support » New option symbols Dec 14, 2009 02:23 PM (Total replies: 20)

I've been faced with the same problem, and I've been able to create a map (at least for the index options which is my universe). However, I still have issues with a sizeable minority of (important) symbols. To produce a clean data set, is there a way DTN can provide :

a) the complete expiry date (eg, so I can distinguish month-end from 3rd Friday)
b) actual traded exchange (so I can resolve the interlisteds like the bank index BKX)

I don't seem to be able to get the above data via the IQFeed symbol dump. Any way to get at these? Am happy to freely share the mapping

Thanks

Time: Sun May 12, 2024 5:16 AM CFBB v1.2.0 11 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003