Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"If someone needs the best quality data and backfill beyond what their broker provides at a rate that is the best in the industry, I highly recommend IQFeed." - Comment from Josh via Public Forum
"I like you guys better than *******...much more stable and a whole lot fewer issues." - Comment from Philip
"I had always used ******* but for the past 2 weeks have been trying DTN IQFeed. Customer support has been extraordinary. They call just to make sure your problem hasn't recurred." - Comment from Public Forum
"I've been using IQFeed 4 in a multi-threaded situation for the last week or two on 2600 symbols or so with 100 simultaneous daily charts, and I have had 100% responsiveness." - Comment from Scott
"I am very pleased with the DTNIQ system for quotes and news." - Comment from Larry
"I have to tell you though that using the IQFeed API is about the easiest and cleanest I have seen for some time." - Comment from Jim
"I'm very glad I switched to IQFeed. It's working perfectly with no lag, even during fast market conditions." - Comment from Andy via Email
"I ran your IQFeed DDE vs. my broker vs. a level II window for some slow-moving options. I would see the level II quote change, then your feed update instantaneously. My broker's DDE, however, would take as much as 30 seconds to update. I am not chasing milliseconds, but half a minute is unacceptable." - Comment from Rob
"Everything is working great ! Very impressive client. The news refreshes better and is more pertinent than the ******* feed I paid $ 100/month for. I Also like the charts a lot." - Comment from Leon
"If you want customer service that answers the phone, your best bet is IQFeed. I cannot stop praising them or their technical support. They are always there for you, and they are quick. I have used ****** too but the best value is IQFeed." - Comment from Public Forum
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
Viewing User Profile for: JoeD
About Contact
Last Post: Feb 24, 2009 06:48 PM
Interests:
AIM:
Yahoo IM:
Post Statistics
JoeD has contributed to 22 posts out of 21185 total posts (0.10%) in 6,899 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

Hi Jay,

Can you also please find out why I still can't get OPRA Indices real time, it stopped working more than a year ago and I have been paying the $4 all this time, complained last year, and still it never was resolved.

Thanks,

Joe

Hi Jay,

I am still using tradestation 2000i with my satellite data.

Did you guys possibly move the symbol to a new table or something, do I need to set up a different symbol collection template?

I have templates for AMEX STOCKS, AMEX INDICES, ALL US INDICIES, DTN INDEXES collecting so ?

I have XAX.X showing up in "Index" category in the globalserver and its worked the last 10 years, now dead for couple months.

Let me know what I should try to get the symbol.

Thanks,

Joe

Hi,

What has happened to the AMEX Composite data ?

XAX.X appears to be dead since 11/28/08, at least that is where my data stops

The symbol is still in your symbology

What is the new symbol for the AMEX Composite?

What happened, will it start working again ?

Thanks

Joe

Thanks for the good news Loren.

Sorry for the confusion, I guess my heart attack can wait for now.

Joe

Is this some sort of practical joke?

How can DTN provide only ten days notice that it is discontinuing financial futures data delivery on what amounts to a list of the hundred highest volume futures contracts including ES, NQ, YM, FF, TY, US, etc. to clients that have paid for this service for many years and rely on this data.

DTN clients deserve better treatment than this.

I understand DTN is running out of bandwidth on the satellite but you should have seen this coming months ago and provided a few months of advance notice in order to provide time for your clients to make other arrangements.

Is DTN going to provide a FREE DTNIQ account to satellite customers in order for us to obtain the data on the symbols that will no longer be available via satellite, that seems the least you can do. Even a solution of this sort requires a second computer and lots of work on the client side in order to accomodate this data split.

Can't you delay the change in service for at least one month and allow us some time to integrate your internet data into our analysis.

Over the last two days I have left two messages for "Andy" at the phone number provided on the letter which I received only a couple of days ago from DTN CEO Robert Gordon informing me of this disturbing news. I have still not received a call back.

Please let me know what if anything DTN is planning to do to mitigate the problems caused by this abrupt and dramatic reduction in service. How can you expect us to pay exchange fees and then cherry pick the symbols that you are going to deliver. DTN must come up with some solution such as a DTNIQ feed idea or you have just made your satellite service virtually useless to traders.

Please get back to me with some good news.

Thanks

Joe

Please keep pursuing this issue Articulate and post your results here. I am quite curious how the exchanges explain these ghost contracts that you discover.

Sarah please give me a call, I got the new receiver hooked up and I want you to activate it.

Thanks,

Joe

Hi Sarah,

Please let me know what has happened. The last time we spoke 2 weeks ago you said you were sending me a replacement reciever after you verified the two tables were working properly and the receiver was set to receive all my many subscriptions.

I left a message with Ken for you a week ago and have not yet received a phone call or the hardware.

I called today and just got voicemail.

Please post the current status of this issue.

Please note all day has passed and I am still not able to activate my OPRA_INDEXES or PHLY_INDEXES data collection template in my server, please make sure you keep sending fresh permissions tonight or whatever to turn them on.

Thanks

Joe

What is the problem with OPRA and PHLX index data, I am not getting any data so far in 2008

Have you guys messed up the permissioning on my or all accounts at year end, or is there really a problem with the data. Every few months these various indices keep dying because you reorganize your data structures and never seem to put the puzzle fully back together. I do not appreciate missing now a week of RUT.X (Russell 2000 Index) data due to sloppiness.

Please ask Jay to investigate whether the problem is at the data side and I will call support in the morning about my account. My January bills still show fees for both OPRA and RT PHLX specifically, though I can see from my data server (tradestation 2000i), I am no longer permissioned for realtime data on the satellite receiver. Similar situations have unfortunately happened in blanket manner with all subscribers on these index categories in the past so I am reporting it here. I cannot imagine I am the only client to have been affected, there is usually a numbers of us.

Thank you for your prompt response.

Joe

Stan,

I already made the old .X changes, and the additional recent .X changes and database table relocations last week. Please see the two posts of last week. Wasn't it obvious when I specifically said "RUT.X" etc in my post. I am still using tradestation 2000i.

The point is that the Russell RUT.X index was working through friday June 1, 2007, which was after the other recent changes were implemented and I the RUT.X was working in the new database table. DTN already screwed me with surprise changes two weeks ago that left me with gaps all over the place.

Obviously something happened to either these symbols or my account that partially undid some of the numerous fixes recently implemented. I didn't change anything on my setup over the weekend.

Did you talk to Jay to see if anything was actually done. Are you really sure they didn't move these symbols from OPRA, or maybe do something to the permissioning on my account. Jay knows what was done to my account to get the stuff working last week so he might be able to get it fixed if the problem is with the account. If they moved the symbols but left the names the same, that would also kill them for me so you need to find that out.

Please look into these issues and get some real information. Another day has been wasted and I don't have a solution tonight.

Jay, etc

Did you guys make more changes to the Index databases this weekend. I noticed the Russell at first and now see many more symbols all stopped working collecting in my database today.

Please let me know what changes need to be made on the database setup or whatever changed. Were symbols moved from the OPRA database to something else, and was I not permissioned for that database ?

I haven't spent the time to check every index, you should know what has changed I hope.

If you didn't make changes then find out if permissioning is messed up on my account with new month ?

Let me know.

Thanks,

Joe

Thanks for the list Jay

In order to accomodate this major disaggregation of your index database, I added the following six databases that I was apparently already permissioned to receive with all the exchange fees I am already paying.

ARCA INDEXES
AMEX INDEXES
NYSE INDEXES
NASDAQ INDEXES
CME INDEXES
ICE INDEXES

Activating these various symbol collection templates in my global server should allow me to start collecting data in these tables tommorrow.

It appears that I still need to call and start paying $ 4.50 per month to keep getting the CBOE indexes and $3.75 more to keep receiving the DJ indexes based on the information on that list. I guess when your office opens tomorrow I can place the order and hopefully start getting those symbols by the end of the week.

I see that for the OPRA indices you want a $4 fee now as well, but please make sure your salespeople and billing system don't impose that $40 data surcharge on your dtniq pricelist when you aren't even providing options data on the satellite any longer. Surely DTN does not expect $40 a month surcharge to deliver a total of 30 OPRA index symbols, so please make sure this doesn't happen inadvertantly.

I cannot believe DTN management didn't realize it should provide clients with this extensive list of changes IN ADVANCE, and I find it quite distasteful that your firm is apparently also exploiting these changes by padding additional DTN service fees inside the couple of increases from the exchanges.

Why don't you talk to your DTN database people and post a list of all the symbols they moved or changed this weekend. I am sure they had the list days before, why you guys kept it a secret instead of informing everyone ahead of time is beyond me, but do something to help the situation now.

Are DTN data clients supposed to guess at the symbols you relocated or otherwise modified and killed this past weekend. I obviously discovered some changes when a whole suite of my models went dead, but I expect the list goes well beyond the few symbols I noticed had died.

PLEASE POST A LIST OF THE AFFECTED SYMBOLS (OLD AND NEW) AND DESCRIPTIONS HERE. IF ITS LONG MAKE IT AN ATTACHMENT THAT WE CAN DOWNLOAD. IT APPEARS OLD SYMBOLS WILL HAVE TO BE REMOVED SO THEY CAN POPULATE THEIR NEW DATABASE AS THEY CAN'T CO-EXIST IN BOTH AT THE SAME TIME WITH A GLOBAL SYMOL LIST. ITS NOT THAT COMPLICATED A SITUATION AND HOW YOU COULD NOT FORESEE THIS PROBLEM OR BOTHER TO TEST FOR THESE SORTS OF IMPLICATIONS IS COMPLETELY RECKLESS.

WHAT DOES DTN THINK IT IS SELLING THAT IT CAN ACT SO IRRESPONSIBLY YEAR AFTER YEAR. YOU HAVE MADE NO PROGRESS IN YOUR MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS DESPITE NUMEROUS FAILURES OF THIS NATURE.

DTN HAS AGAIN MADE MATERIAL CHANGES TO ITS DATAFEED WITHOUT ANY ADVANCE NOTICE TO CLIENTS OR ADEQUATE TESTING

THIS IS THE LATEST IN A STRING OF COMPLETE OUTRAGEOUS SCREWUPS BY DTN AND CONFIRMS YOUR COMPANIES TOTAL DISREGARD FOR THE INTERESTS OF YOUR CLIENTS

THESE INDEX SYMBOLS ALREADY HAD THE .X ADDED A LONG TIME AGO, WHY YOU SHIFTED THEM TO A NEW DATABASE WITHOUT BOTHERING TO TEST THE IMPLICATIONS OF THE MOVE IS BEYOND STUPIDITY. CLEARLY THE EXCHANGE RULES DID NOT CHANGE OVER THE WEEKEND, AND EVEN IF THEY DID, CLIENTS DESERVE A WARNING.

I WILL TRY TO DELETE THE EXISTING SIGNALS AND HOPEFULLY THE NEW ONES WILL GET ADDED TO MY DATABASE, BUT CLEARLY THIS IS SOMETHING THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN DONE OVER THE WEEKEND, NOT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE WEEK, NOW AFTER LOSING A HALF A WEEK OF DATA.

I WILL LET YOU KNOW IF I HAVE ANY SUCCESS, IN THE MEANTIME WHY DON'T YOU SEE IF ANY ONE OF YOUR OTHER TRADESTATION CLIENTS HAS HAD SIMILAR PROBLEMS AND EXPLAIN HOW IT WAS SOLVED.

A COMPANY SYSTEM DESIGNED AROUND MAKING DRAMATIC CHANGES TO YOUR PRODUCT WITHOUT ANY NOTICE AND THEN WAIT TO HEAR ABOUT THE DISTASTERS YOU CREATE IS TOTALLY RECKLESS.

THERE IS NO LONGER ANY DOUBT YOU GUYS ARE COMPLETE MORONS AND HAVE NO SHAME IN CONTINUNG TO TREAT YOUR CUSTOMERS LIKE CRAP.

TELL JAY TO WAKE UP AND DO HIS JOB.

I received no data on the aforementioned symbols today. Every cash index I checked has friday 5/18 as the last of its data.

I am running on TS2000i and it appears all my other data categories were operating fine today.

Please find out what happened here.

Data and Content Support » Nymex Data seems to be missing lots of ticks Apr 2, 2007 09:35 AM (Total replies: 1)

Friday, and again today, it looks like you guys are missing lots of ticks coming out of NYMEX on the satellite feed ( I don't know about IQ). I am watching is QNGK7 in particular and your data has been a full of wholes during last couple of days. Please find out what is happening asap.

Thanks

Can you create some symbols for the ISE exchange stats in order to provide the same information for ISE as you do for CBOE and other exchanges.

Thanks

These symbols are still not working

I am referring to DTN Realtime on Satellite

Time: Sat April 27, 2024 7:58 AM CFBB v1.2.0 7 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003