Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I noticed that ******* quotes locked up shortly after the interest rate announcement yesterday while yours stayed stable." - Comment from Ron in Utah
"Everything is working amazing now. I'm already impressed with the true-tick feed of IQFeed and it's ability to support my 480 symbol layout." - Comment from Tyler via Email
"I've never had DTN go out on me since switching. ******* would go down a couple times every month when I was using them." - Comment from Bryce in AL.
"I would just like to say that IQFeed version 4 is running very well and I am very happy with its performance. I would also like to extend a big thanks for the fast and efficient help that I always receive. My questions and concerns are always addressed promptly. Way to go!" - Comment from Josh in CO.
"If you are serious about your trading I would not rely on IB data for serious daytrading. Took me a while to justify the cost of IQ Feed and in the end, it's just a 2 point stop on ES. Better safe than sorry" - Comment from Public Forum
"I am a hedge fund manager here. It’s funny, I have a Bloomberg terminal and a Bridge feed, but I still like having my DTN feed!" - Comment from Feras
"Version 4.0.0.2 has been working well for me and I appreciate that it is now a much tighter client to work with. I feel I can go to press with my own application and rely on a stable platform" - Comment from David in IA.
"I'm very glad I switched to IQFeed. It's working perfectly with no lag, even during fast market conditions." - Comment from Andy via Email
"As a past ******* customer(and not a happy one), IQ Feed by DTN is a much better and cheaper product with great customer support. I have had no problems at all since switching over." - Comment from Public Forum
"Interactive Brokers tick data was inconsistent, so I have switched to using DTN exclusively. It is great to no longer have to worry about my datafeed all day long." - Comment from Philippe
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
Viewing User Profile for: Eugene
About Contact
Last Post: Mar 19, 2008 03:12 AM
Interests:
AIM:
Yahoo IM:
Post Statistics
Eugene has contributed to 8 posts out of 21190 total posts (0.04%) in 6,402 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Data and Content Support » Another problem!!! Mar 19, 2008 03:12 AM (Total replies: 14)

That's true, the EXH8 data from 03/18 is missing. Been trying it through QuoteTracker and WLD, and the entire day of 03/18 is gone. The IQFeed client is constantly being connected to the .156. server farm, so I guess .148. is unavailable at the moment?

IQFeed Developer Support » Delay > 0 Nov 21, 2006 04:17 AM (Total replies: 1)

Hi.

Does the Delay field values (#25 in Update/Summary Message) greater than zero (i.e. 10 minutes) mean the user has no RT subscription for that symbol?

IQFeed Developer Support » Timestamp for history/quotes ? Oct 31, 2006 03:06 PM (Total replies: 1)

Hi.

I wonder whether IQFeed timestamps Level I and historical data in market's local time or in ET?

TIA,
Eugene.

IQFeed Developer Support » Connectivity problem Oct 23, 2006 12:31 AM (Total replies: 4)

Well, yesterday I was finally able to make it work through a tunnel using another "socksifier". All of the mentioned didn't function for me. The question still remains, why did it stop connecting directly all at once.

IQFeed Developer Support » Connectivity problem Oct 22, 2006 10:49 AM (Total replies: 4)

Jay,

I have uninstalled 4.2.0.2 and manually deleted its records from the registry, even tried to uninstall MSVC++ runtime (btw, I have both 1.1 and 2.0 .NET frameworks installed). Of course, I had a lot of reboots today since I'm playing with socksifiers like Proxifier, FreeCAP, Permeo etc. and they usually force the user to reboot.

Interestingly, 66.112.156.212 is more 'responsive' for me as it usually gives me "Received response from login server", while 66.112.156.210 is not. Today login2.paragonsoftware.net never gave me anything more than "Retrieving IP..."
Edited by Eugene on Oct 22, 2006 at 10:55 AM

IQFeed Developer Support » Connectivity problem Oct 22, 2006 07:52 AM (Total replies: 4)

Tried many times to connect through the satellite, and finally getting it beyond retrieving IP stage. Now, "Received response from login server" or "Failure retrieving login information" comes up (both when using 4.2.0.2) when the thing stucks again. At first I thought the satellite guys must be cutting my TCP packets, but this little "progress" asserts the reverse?
Edited by Eugene on Oct 22, 2006 at 07:53 AM
Edited by Eugene on Oct 22, 2006 at 08:34 AM

IQFeed Developer Support » Connectivity problem Oct 22, 2006 01:47 AM (Total replies: 4)

Right after installing the latest 4.2.0.2 beta, I have ran into a connectivity problem. With my satellite connection to Internet (which has no relation to DTN Satellite products), IQLink just stucks at "Retrieving IP information" or "Connection established, authenticating client" (depending on the version) and that's all. Reinstalling previous versions (2.x, 4.1, 4.2.0.1) is of no avail.

Previously IQFeed worked great through satellite VPN connection w/o a single obstacle and I was able to utilize it through Wealth-Lab Developer (using old client v2.x) and run that demo spreadsheet which ships with IQFeed (using both v2.x and v4.1).

Each and every other application on my computer with Win XP Home SP2 continues to work as usual since I've not changed neither Internet nor firewall settings. Shutting firewall down also brings no relief. The Server Farm IPs (66.112.156.x and 66.112.148.x) as well as the used ports range are not subject to being blocked at my side. The IQFeed Diagnostics applet is able to successfully finish its ping and traceroute tests when my satellite connection is in place. At the same time when attempted connection to DTN's servers hangs, I see an established connection in the "Net Stat" tab of IQFeed Diagnostic Utility:

TCP (my_dynamic_real_IP given by Satellite ISP) 66.112.156.211:60020 ESTAB 2184

If only I reroute traffic to the DTN server farm over terrestrial, IQFeed starts connecting to the server and becomes able to receive the quotes:

route add 66.112.156.0 mask 255.255.255.0 my_fake_IP_from_terrestrial_ISP
route add 66.112.148.0 mask 255.255.255.0 my_fake_IP_from_terrestrial_ISP

Please can you give me an advice. I just had to blame my satellite connection if IQFeed never worked here, but it did.
Edited by Eugene on Oct 22, 2006 at 03:49 AM

Time: Wed May 1, 2024 6:38 PM CFBB v1.2.0 9 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003