Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"IQFeed version 4 is a real screamer compared to anything else I have seen." - Comment from Tom
"My broker in Davenport suggested I give you a try as he uses your service and says its the best." - Comment from Bill via RT Chat
"I just wanted to say how happy I am with your service. I was able to download the API docs last week and I was able to replicate Interactive Brokers historical bar queries and realtime bar queries over the weekend. That was about one of the fastest integrations that I've ever done and it works perfectly!!!!" - Comment from Jason via Email
"As a past ******* customer(and not a happy one), IQ Feed by DTN is a much better and cheaper product with great customer support. I have had no problems at all since switching over." - Comment from Public Forum
"With HUGE volume on AAPL and RIMM for 2 days, everyone in a trading room was whining about freezes, crashes and lag with *******, RealTick, TS and Cyber. InvestorRT with IQFeed was rock solid. I mean SOLID!" - Comment from Public IRC Chat
"I would just like to say that IQFeed version 4 is running very well and I am very happy with its performance. I would also like to extend a big thanks for the fast and efficient help that I always receive. My questions and concerns are always addressed promptly. Way to go!" - Comment from Josh in CO.
"I use IQ Feed, Great stuff as far as data analysis information, storage and retrieval is concerned." - Comment from Public Forum
"I am very pleased with the DTNIQ system for quotes and news." - Comment from Larry
"For anyone considering using DTN.IQ for a data feed, my experience with the quality of data and the tech support has been very positive." - Comment from Public Forum
"IQ feed works very well, does not have all of the normal interruptions I have grown used to on *******" - Comment from Mark
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »IQFeed Developer Support »Release with second resolution...
Author Topic: Release with second resolution... (5 messages, Page 1 of 1)

lars67
-Interested User-

Posted: Jan 9, 2007 09:45 AM          Msg. 1 of 5
In feb 2006 DTNIQ wrote:
We have released version 4.1.1.1 of IQFeed which contains a few minor bug fixes as well
as initial client support for second resolution when released on our servers.

This message of yours is almost 1 year old. It would be nice if your servers soon supported this feature. Have you any time estimates? It is like nothing is happening

Cheers,
Lars

skunk
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Jan 10, 2007 07:47 AM          Msg. 2 of 5
They have been promising that the development is complete just pending final testing for more than 2 years...

lars67
-Interested User-

Posted: Jan 22, 2007 04:24 AM          Msg. 3 of 5
It would be extremely nice, if the management would pay attention to this issue and give an estimate of this. We as developes need this kind of information, so we can plan future development or start sopiing around for API´s that support second/msec resolution.

IQfeed is a good feed but loyality only goes so far.

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: Jan 22, 2007 09:10 AM          Msg. 4 of 5
Lars,

There is a lot of attention being paid to development priorities and the need to get some new features (such as second resolution) out the door. I no longer give estimated release dates because we haven't been good at hitting them. Giving you a date will only set a possible false expectation and lead to dissapointment if we don't hit it. I can assure you that our current top priority in development includes a complete overhaul of our server code. This overhaul includes second resolution as well as pre-post market data in intraday history. Primary development is complete, and we are now running through regression and QA testing on that code.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN - Trading Markets

lars67
-Interested User-

Posted: Jan 22, 2007 11:41 PM          Msg. 5 of 5
Jay
Thanks for replying.
I just get nervous ticks as time passes by. This reminds me a bit about the company "famatech"
http://www.famatech.com/support/forum/read.php?FID=24&TID=11091

They too have a "floating" timeframe, now entering its 3:rd year of delays for version 3. I sure hope this will not be the case here.
I mean even Microsoft gives out time estimates of future versions. Sometimes they are right on schedule sometimes not ,but at least we are kept into the loop of the development cycle.

/Lars

Time: Mon May 6, 2024 2:57 PM CFBB v1.2.0 13 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003