Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I used to have *******, but they are way more money for the same thing. I have had no probs with data from DTN since switching over." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"The service is great, I see a noticeable improvement in my volume profiles over [broker]'s data feed" - Comment from Larry
"I will tell others who want to go into trading that DTN ProphetX is an invaluable tool, I don't think anyone can trade without it..." - Comment from Luther
"I had always used ******* but for the past 2 weeks have been trying DTN IQFeed. Customer support has been extraordinary. They call just to make sure your problem hasn't recurred." - Comment from Public Forum
"Thank God for your Data Feed as the only Zippers I see are on my pants (LOL), and no more 200 pip spikes to mess up charts." - Comment from Spiro via Email
"The people at Nirvana have very nice things to say about your company and I can see why! Price and service is a potent combination." - Comment from Ed
"I'm very glad I switched to IQFeed. It's working perfectly with no lag, even during fast market conditions." - Comment from Andy via Email
"IQ feed is brilliant. The support is mind-bending. What service!" - Comment from Public Forum Post
"DTN has never given me problems. It is incredibly stable. In fact I've occasionally lost the data feed from Interactive Brokers, but still been able to trade because I'm getting good data from DTN." - Comment from Leighton
"I cannot believe what a difference it makes trading with ProphetX!" - Comment from Bruce in Los Angeles
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »Data and Content Support »S&P Adv/Dec Data
Author Topic: S&P Adv/Dec Data (13 messages, Page 1 of 1)

jean
-Interested User-

Posted: Sep 12, 2004 06:48 PM          Msg. 1 of 13
I originally posted this on Sept 4 in the "Data feed Wish List" section but received no reply: maybe that section is not read too often. So, here goes again--hopefully:

Is it possible for you to provide Advance/Decline data for the issues and volume of the 500 stocks which make up the S&P 500 index; similar to that currently presented as

IINA.Z
IIND.Z
IINU.Z
VINA.Z
VIND.Z

for the NYSE?

I believe this would be a tremendous benefit for traders; and I'm sure the data can be compiled and presented much easier on your servers than the average trader's PC.

Many thanks.

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: Sep 13, 2004 02:06 PM          Msg. 2 of 13
Sorry,

I didn't reply because it is noted. We will put this on our list, but I don't know how quick we will get to it. Even though the list doesn't change very often, there is no automatic method of processing changes to the SP 500. Thus, if we miss a change, the calculated stats will be off. Until I can figure out a good way to manage this, it won't be too high on the list unfortunately. We will keep it in front of us though so we can try to sqeeze it in in the future.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN Market Access, LLC.

jean
-Interested User-

Posted: Sep 13, 2004 07:32 PM          Msg. 3 of 13
Thanks Jay.

I agree, it may be a little time consuming to update changes (and I assume you mean the addition & subtraction of individual companies) to the SP 500; and if it is any help, I found a wealth of information as to the components/weighting etc of this index where you can also download various excel data sheets:

http://www2.standardandpoors.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=sp/Page/IndicesIndexPg&r=1&l=EN&b=4&s=6&ig=48&i=56&f=1&si=138&xcd=500

Also, just to reiterate, while you are setting your 'to do list' :-) , I really feel this addition would be a major coup over the current 'competition' as it is a strong source of market information not readily available!

Thanks again for your efforts

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

Posted: Sep 14, 2004 02:57 PM          Msg. 4 of 13
ok, but if we get this added, I will expect you, Jean, to go out and promote to everyone that they need to sign up for IQ because we have it....

Jay Froscheiser
DTN Market Access, LLC.

renardblanc
-Interested User-

Posted: Sep 15, 2004 03:03 AM          Msg. 5 of 13
I'll also promote it, promise.

I agree it would be a gorgeous plus

WhiteFox

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

Posted: Sep 15, 2004 08:43 AM          Msg. 6 of 13
ok, but only because you are going to tell all of your friends to subscribe to IQFeed! Our ticker group will work on adding stats on the SP500 issues. We have about 3 weeks of work to finish up on other things, then it will be about a week of development and a week or two of testing to get it out the door. Expect 2 months or so.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN Market Access, LLC.

jean
-Interested User-

Posted: Sep 15, 2004 05:53 PM          Msg. 7 of 13
Whao! This is truly great.
I am more than happy to actively recommend such great service--consider it done.

Thanks Jay & Co.

LonnieS
-King of IQ Development-

Posted: Oct 14, 2004 03:10 PM          Msg. 8 of 13
The implementation of the S&P 500 statistics by the DTN Ticker Development Team is completed and we will be processing them. They should be available tomorrow, Friday October 15. The symbols are:

VI6A.Z - Volume, advancing
VI6D.Z - Volume, declining
VI6U.Z - Volume, unchanged
VI6T.Z - Volume, total
II6A.Z - Issues, advancing
II6D.Z - Issues, declining
II6U.Z - Issues, unchanged
II6T.Z - Issues, total
JI6T.Z - Net Tick

Just some info, the same stats are available on the Nasdaq 100, simply substitute a '5' for the '6' in the above symbols.

Lonnie Shumate
Development Manager, IQ Systems
DTN Market ACCESS

skunk
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Oct 14, 2004 04:07 PM          Msg. 9 of 13
woohoo!

wtg King Lonnie

skunk
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Oct 15, 2004 09:33 AM          Msg. 10 of 13
My enthusiasm was premature. I am able to watch II5A.Z etc, but no data for II6A.Z etc this morning.

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

Posted: Oct 15, 2004 09:41 AM          Msg. 11 of 13
Its calcuating away here...

II6A.Z S&P 500 ISSUES ADVANCES 359 10:40

Jay Froscheiser
DTN Market Access, LLC.

skunk
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Oct 15, 2004 11:05 AM          Msg. 12 of 13
Quote: My enthusiasm was premature. I am able to watch II5A.Z etc, but no data for II6A.Z etc this morning.
--- Original message by skunk on Oct 15, 2004 09:33 AM
My apologies. It appears to be calculating correctly. My code did not handle the condition where there was no historical information available for yesterday.

Thanks very much to everybody who made this happen so quickly.

jean
-Interested User-

Posted: Oct 20, 2004 07:44 PM          Msg. 13 of 13
I just saw the updates!
This is great. I truly appreciate your work here. I haven't come across any other data vendors who provide such a service both in terms of data quality and support.

Excellent job guys.
Again thanks.
Jean

Time: Thu May 2, 2024 12:53 PM CFBB v1.2.0 12 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003