Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"If you want customer service that answers the phone, your best bet is IQFeed. I cannot stop praising them or their technical support. They are always there for you, and they are quick. I have used ****** too but the best value is IQFeed." - Comment from Public Forum
"I have to tell you though that using the IQFeed API is about the easiest and cleanest I have seen for some time." - Comment from Jim
"You have an excellent feed. Very few spikes for Spot Forex." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"There is no doubt that IQFeed is the best data provider. I am very satisfied with your services. And IQFeed is the only one that I would recommend to my friends. Now, most of them are using your product in China." - Comment from Zhezhe
"Thanks for following up with me. You guys do a great job in tech support." - Comment from Phelps
"It’s so nice to be working with real professionals!" - Comment from Len
"Thanks for all of your help. Great customer service deserves to be recognized which one the reasons I've been a customer of DTN for over 10 years!" - Comment from Stuart
"The people at Nirvana have very nice things to say about your company and I can see why! Price and service is a potent combination." - Comment from Ed
"I've been using Neoticker RT with IQFeed for two months, and I'm very happy with both of the products (I've had IQFeed for two years with very few complaints). The service from both companies is exceptional." - Comment from Public Forum
"Interactive Brokers tick data was inconsistent, so I have switched to using DTN exclusively. It is great to no longer have to worry about my datafeed all day long." - Comment from Philippe
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »IQFeed Developer Support »Decoding Trade Conditions
Author Topic: Decoding Trade Conditions (16 messages, Page 1 of 1)

mrak
-Interested User-

What, me worry?

Posted: Mar 20, 2014 11:43 AM          Msg. 1 of 16
From digging through the forum, I can see this is asked about a lot, but I'm still confused. I'm trying to decode the Trade Conditions codes, so I sent an STC<CR><LF> command to IQFeed and it was ignored. I've tried it at startup and after sending a request for @ESM14, thinking that it might be specific to the particular security. Please let me know what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks,
Mark

DTN_Tim Walter
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Mar 20, 2014 11:49 AM          Msg. 2 of 16
Hello Mark,

What port are you connecting to? You should be able to telnet to the lookup socket and just type STC to test that things are working as they should.

Tim

mrak
-Interested User-

What, me worry?

Posted: Mar 20, 2014 12:18 PM          Msg. 3 of 16
Thank you for that. I was trying to access this by modifying the Level1Socket demo. With your help, I downloaded PuTTY and got the code descriptions just fine.

Now all I need is some way to decode the descriptions. For example, yesterday I was seeing trades with Trade Condition = 4D, which I believe is decimal 77. The table says that means Implied. What does that mean?

Mark

DTN_Tim Walter
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Mar 20, 2014 12:37 PM          Msg. 4 of 16
Each exchange has a set of codes that they define and send and they have documents that tell us how to display their data. You are correct in your hex to decimail conversion, so the next thing would be to look at the specifications for the exchanges you are concerned with.

Here are a couple examples with references of where in the documents to look.

http://nasdaqtrader.com/content/technicalsupport/specifications/utp/utdfspecification.pdf
7.5.1.1. UTP Trade Condition Matrix

https://cta.nyxdata.com/cta/document/5944/2f76d73065c5d0f9629eb576302adc1da66d1f9f
Page 113

Then from here, you can decide to display or not display whatever you like to match your customers' desires.

Tim

mrak
-Interested User-

What, me worry?

Posted: Mar 20, 2014 01:13 PM          Msg. 5 of 16
Thank you!

Mark

niratnalagi
-Interested User-

Hello world

Posted: Sep 29, 2014 02:47 PM          Msg. 6 of 16
Hi Tim,

Can you please provide a lookup table between DTN sales conditions codes and the Exchanges codes?
For example DTN code '01' equals Nasdaq/NYSE code '@', and so on...

Is there any field in the stream where DTN is passing thru the Exchange code itself?

Thanks,
Nir

DTN_Tim Walter
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Sep 29, 2014 02:59 PM          Msg. 7 of 16
Good afternoon,

The lookups for this information are detailed on this page.

http://www.iqfeed.net/dev/api/docs/SymbolLookupviaTCPIP.cfm

Just do a search for trade conditions and\or listed market and there are samples of the data being returned so that you can get these values at anytime. Just don't hard code the values returned or use the sample data as it changes regularly.

Tim

DTN_Tim Walter
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Sep 29, 2014 03:49 PM          Msg. 8 of 16
In re-reading this, I may not have answered what you really asked for, but the answer unfortunately now becomes no. We do not have a one to one reference of this information. You can take a look at this site, https://nasdaqtrader.com/content/technicalsupport/specifications/utp/utdfspecification.pdf section 7.5.1.1, but you will need to match them up by name. Also, as mentioned before, we do not guarantee the list won't change, so maybe the better question becomes, What is it you are trying to accomplish? Maybe there is a better way one of us here can suggest.

Tim

niratnalagi
-Interested User-

Hello world

Posted: Sep 29, 2014 04:00 PM          Msg. 9 of 16
++ This Post should be ignored ++

Thanks Tim,

However, I was actually looking for something a bit different...

Since DTN provides its proprietary sales condition code via the feed and not the sales condition code as it is provided by the Exchange, I was looking for a lookup/translation table that will give me the sale condition as it was provided by the exchange itself on each trade.

For example: '@' for "Regular Trade" (01 in DTN feed), 'F' for "Intermarket Sweep" (61 in DTN feed), etc.

Is there a way to get such a translation table? or alternatively the to get the Sale Condition as it is provided directly by the exchange?

Thanks,
Nir
Edited by niratnalagi on Sep 29, 2014 at 04:13 PM

niratnalagi
-Interested User-

Hello world

Posted: Sep 29, 2014 04:11 PM          Msg. 10 of 16
We do our own filtering based on sales conditions coming from the exchange...therefore, I needed the sale condition as it is provided by the exchange.

Now, I understand it is not provided by the feed - which means I will need to create my own lookup table based on the description. Would appreciate it if you could review the attached (I marked those that I need)

However, since I can only fetch the description using TelNet, I can not do it in real-time... Is that true?
How often do you anticipate the list can be changed?

Thanks,
Nir

DTN_Tim Walter
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Sep 30, 2014 08:32 AM          Msg. 11 of 16
I don't see an attachment yet. If it won't post correctly, do you want to send it to the developer support email please so I can try to find further answers for you?

As to how often, I don't know that answer as the exchange can change them whenever they like. It is not often, but it could be tomorrow, it could be 2 months from now, or longer. I just can't guarantee that these will not change at any given time and notice is not provided of any changes to the data set.

Tim

niratnalagi
-Interested User-

Hello world

Posted: Sep 30, 2014 09:17 AM          Msg. 12 of 16
Sorry, the file was in Excel format. I uploaded it now as PDF.
Again, I marked those trade conditions that are important for us.

If condition changes is up to the Exchanges... I can live with that and follow their publications...
Unless there's a way to get DTN list by a command I can send thru the Socket rather than manually using TelNet... Is there?

Thanks a lot for your help,
Nir

File Attached: SaleConditions.pdf (downloaded 1708 times)

DTN_Tim Walter
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Sep 30, 2014 12:41 PM          Msg. 13 of 16
Certainly, any request you can make via telnet can be made via a socket as well. Telnet just provides for a quick example app.
Edited by DTN_Tim Walter on Sep 30, 2014 at 12:41 PM

niratnalagi
-Interested User-

Hello world

Posted: Oct 7, 2014 03:20 AM          Msg. 14 of 16
Hi Tim,

Do you guys have any plans to pass thru the sale condition as it comes from the exchanges? It will really help.

Thanks,
Nir

DTN_Tim Walter
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Oct 7, 2014 07:31 AM          Msg. 15 of 16
Hello, I do not believe so, at least not at this time, though we did get your table completed.

Disclaimer: These are subject to change, so for the person viewing this post somewhere down the road, please do not assume these to be accurate.

DTN VALUE DEFINE DESCRIPTION NASDAQ NYSE/Amex
1 REGULAR Normal Trade @ @
2 ACQ Acquisition A N/A
3 CASHM Cash Only Market C N/A
4 BUNCHED Bunched Trade B N/A
5 AVGPRI Average Price Trade W B
6 CASH Cash Trade (same day clearing) C C
7 DIST Distribution D N/A
10 BUNCHEDSOLD Bunched Sold Trade G N/A
15 RULE155 Rule – 155 Trade AMEX K K
16 SOLDLAST Sold Last (late reporting) L L
17 NEXTDAYCLR Next Day Clearing N N
18 LATEREP Opened - Late Report of Opening Trade (in or out of sequence) O N/A
19 PRP Prior Reference Price P P
20 SELLER Seller R R
21 SPLIT Split Trade S N/A
23 FORMT Form-T Trade T T
25 SOLDOSEQ Sold Out of Sequence Z Z
30 OPEN Late Report of Opening Trade - out of sequence O O
31 OPNL Late Report of Opening Trade – in correct sequence O N/A
32 AUTO Transaction Executed Electronically N/A E
46 MC_OFCLCLOSE Market Center Official Closing Price M M
47 STPD_REGULAR Stopped Stock - Regular Trade 1 N/A
48 STPD_SOLDLAST Stopped Stock - Sold Last 2 N/A
49 STPD_SOLDOSEQ Stopped Stock - Sold out of sequence 3 N/A
57 MC_OFCLOPEN Market Center Official Opening Price Q Q
58 FORMTSOLDOSEQ Form-T Sold Out of Sequence U U
59 YELLOWFLAG Yellow Flag Y N/A
61 INTRMRK_SWEEP Intramaket Sweep F F
62 DERIVPRI Derivately Priced 4 4
63 REOPNING Re-Opening Prints 5 5
64 CLSING Closing Prints 6 6
66 CROSS_TRADE Cross Trade X X
67 PRICE_VAR Price Variation H H
68 STKOPT_TRADE Stock-Option Trade V V
135 ODDLOT Odd Lot Trade I I
136 CORRCSLDLAST Corrected Consolidated last 9 9

niratnalagi
-Interested User-

Hello world

Posted: Oct 7, 2014 03:30 PM          Msg. 16 of 16
Thank you so very much for that. really helpful.
I'm also getting quite a lot of 0x47 (71 decimal) - would appreciate this last one to be translated to the exchanges sale condition.

Again, much appreciated!
Nir

Time: Tue May 7, 2024 7:52 AM CFBB v1.2.0 17 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003