Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I've been using IQFeed 4 in a multi-threaded situation for the last week or two on 2600 symbols or so with 100 simultaneous daily charts, and I have had 100% responsiveness." - Comment from Scott
"I am keeping IQFeed, much better reliabilty than *******. I may refer a few other people in the office to switch as well." - Comment from Don
"There is no doubt that IQFeed is the best data provider. I am very satisfied with your services. And IQFeed is the only one that I would recommend to my friends. Now, most of them are using your product in China." - Comment from Zhezhe
"IQ feed works very well, does not have all of the normal interruptions I have grown used to on *******" - Comment from Mark
"The service is great, I see a noticeable improvement in my volume profiles over [broker]'s data feed" - Comment from Larry
"Just a quick one to say I'm very impressed so far :) The documentation for developers is excellent and I've quickly managed to get an app written to do historical downloads. The system is very robust and pretty quick considering the extent of data that's available. The support guys have been very helpful too, in combination with the forums it's been plain sailing so far!" - Comment from Adam
"And by the way, have to say this. I love the IQFeed software. It's rock solid and it has a really nice API." - Comment from Thomas via RT Chat
"Thank you so much - awesome feed, awesome service!" - Comment from Greg via Email
"I am very happy I changed. I love the product, but more so I am thrilled with Tech Support. You are knowledgeable, polite, pleasant and professional." - Comment from Pat
"Thank God for your Data Feed as the only Zippers I see are on my pants (LOL), and no more 200 pip spikes to mess up charts." - Comment from Spiro via Email
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »Data and Content Support »Option symbols
Author Topic: Option symbols (4 messages, Page 1 of 1)

arturo didonna
-Interested User-

Posted: Mar 13, 2017 02:53 AM          Msg. 1 of 4
In order to filter out already expired options, I was reading the iqfeed guide to options symbols:

https://iqfeed.net/symbolguide/index.cfm?symbolguide=guide&displayaction=support§ion=guide&web=iqfeed&guide=options&web=IQFeed&type=stock

From what I understand, the letters before the first digits in the symbols represent the underlying. Then comes the info on the expiration data, with the first two digits representing the year, then 2 digits for the day and a letter for the month code. Then there are digits represnting the strike.

So a code like CSCO1220V19 means Cisco October Put at 19.00 Expiring on 10/20/12

But why other symbols, like A11720A27.5, representing Agilent Call 20 expiring on Jan 20 2017 have an extra digit ('1') after the 'A' symbol? It doesn't make any sense.

DTN_Stephen
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Mar 13, 2017 10:22 AM          Msg. 2 of 4
The additional 1 in the symbol is to designate it as a non-standard option, due to some sort of corporate Action.

Stephen Shockey | Telvent DTN LLC | Trading Markets | United States |Customer Service Technical Support
Email: support@iqfeed.net

arturo didonna
-Interested User-

Posted: Mar 13, 2017 11:04 AM          Msg. 3 of 4
Thanks for your answer.
How do you know when parsing the string, that it is not the first digit of the year?

DTN_Stephen
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Mar 13, 2017 02:17 PM          Msg. 4 of 4
You may try parsing the symbol from the back instead of the front this may resolve your issue.

Please keep in mind if you have a API license we do have Developer Support in both chat and email.

You can also contact our sales team to signup for an API and get that additional level of support.

sales@iqfeed.net
(800) 475-4755

Stephen Shockey | Telvent DTN LLC | Trading Markets | United States |Customer Service Technical Support
Email: support@iqfeed.net

Time: Thu April 25, 2024 10:32 PM CFBB v1.2.0 7 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003