Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"Everything is working great ! Very impressive client. The news refreshes better and is more pertinent than the ******* feed I paid $ 100/month for. I Also like the charts a lot." - Comment from Leon
"I ran your IQFeed DDE vs. my broker vs. a level II window for some slow-moving options. I would see the level II quote change, then your feed update instantaneously. My broker's DDE, however, would take as much as 30 seconds to update. I am not chasing milliseconds, but half a minute is unacceptable." - Comment from Rob
"DTN has never given me problems. It is incredibly stable. In fact I've occasionally lost the data feed from Interactive Brokers, but still been able to trade because I'm getting good data from DTN." - Comment from Leighton
"It’s so nice to be working with real professionals!" - Comment from Len
"For anyone considering using DTN.IQ for a data feed, my experience with the quality of data and the tech support has been very positive." - Comment from Public Forum
"Just a quick one to say I'm very impressed so far :) The documentation for developers is excellent and I've quickly managed to get an app written to do historical downloads. The system is very robust and pretty quick considering the extent of data that's available. The support guys have been very helpful too, in combination with the forums it's been plain sailing so far!" - Comment from Adam
"I've been using Neoticker RT with IQFeed for two months, and I'm very happy with both of the products (I've had IQFeed for two years with very few complaints). The service from both companies is exceptional." - Comment from Public Forum
"Its working FABULOUSLY for me!! Holy cow...there has been so much I've been missing lately, and with this feed and Linnsoft software...I'm in the game now." - Comment from Chris R.
"I've been using IQFeed 4 in a multi-threaded situation for the last week or two on 2600 symbols or so with 100 simultaneous daily charts, and I have had 100% responsiveness." - Comment from Scott
"I will tell others who want to go into trading that DTN ProphetX is an invaluable tool, I don't think anyone can trade without it..." - Comment from Luther
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »IQFeed Developer Support »IQ 4.0 unwatches symbols on its own!
Author Topic: IQ 4.0 unwatches symbols on its own! (8 messages, Page 1 of 1)

dhakme
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Oct 12, 2005 11:49 PM          Msg. 1 of 8
My application watches 1300 nyse stocks when it starts. If I watch the IQfeed status screen I can see the number of symbols being watched climb to 1300. However, on occasion (twice in the last week) the number in the status screen then goes down. This usual happens just after the initial watch process and then it stabilises (typically at around 1000 shares). I'm not sure whether it's watching the 1300 I requested and received confirmation for, or the ~1000 indicated because I always restart when it happens.

Another computer with the same application has been used with IQFeed client v3.0.0.1 for the past year with nasdaq stocks and I have never seen this before.

Anyone else experience this or know what it could be?

I've just enabled IQFeed logging so I'm waiting for the next occurrence to gather more data.

cheers,
Dennis

adezoysa
-Interested User-

Posted: Oct 15, 2005 09:50 PM          Msg. 2 of 8
Dennis,

I've been using 4.0 for a little over a month now, and have not experienced this. I have since moved to the latest release which is 4.0.0.2 and have not experienced it in this either.

Anil

DTN_Natalie_H
-DTN Evangelist-

DTN Market Access, LLC.

Posted: Oct 26, 2005 11:03 AM          Msg. 3 of 8
Hi Dennis,

Are you still seeing this? have you tried v4.0.0.2? Thanks!

Natalie

Natalie Hannan DTN Market Access, LLC.

dhakme
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Oct 27, 2005 06:39 AM          Msg. 4 of 8
Hi Natalie,

We are using 4.0.0.2, and have not seen this problem for around a week now.

However, to add a little information, we have only seen this for NYSE symbols, and then only when we start watching a long time before market open. Being located in another country, we find it convenient to start our systems at around 6:30 New York time. We have also found that sometimes, perfectly valid symbols cannot be subscribed to until closer to the market open.

Is there an earliest time before which we should not attempt to subscribe to NYSE symbols?

Regards,

Dennis

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: Oct 27, 2005 07:56 AM          Msg. 5 of 8
Dennis,

There shouldn't be a problem watching symbols at anytime with relation to the market hours. The only issues may be on weekend while we perform various maintenence tasks. The fact that it only happens on NYSE symbols may just be dumb luck since our system really doesn't differentiate between exchanges when it comes to watching, unwatching, etc. Everything is stored as a symbol in our system so the client and server really doesn't know what you are requesting. Are you authrized for real time data on all equity exchanges (NYSE, Nasdaq, AMEX)?

Jay Froscheiser
DTN - Trading Markets

adezoysa
-Interested User-

Posted: Oct 27, 2005 12:30 PM          Msg. 6 of 8
Jay,

I often see that symbols come back as invalid during the hours of 12 AM EST till around 6 AM EST. Should I post a specific example of invalid symbol data?

Thanks

Anil

dhakme
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Oct 30, 2005 09:28 PM          Msg. 7 of 8
Jay,

We have two separate logins: one dedicated to Nasdaq and one for NYSE.

Regards,

Dennis

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: Oct 30, 2005 09:39 PM          Msg. 8 of 8
There shoudn't be any reason you can't watch symbols early am, but it does sound like something is going on. We will have to run some tests to see if we can replicate what may be happening.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN - Trading Markets

Time: Mon May 6, 2024 9:20 AM CFBB v1.2.0 9 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003