Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I just wanted to tell you what a fine job you have been doing. While *******, from what I hear, has been down and out, off and on, IQ feed has held like a champ this week." - Comment from Shirin
"I am very happy I changed. I love the product, but more so I am thrilled with Tech Support. You are knowledgeable, polite, pleasant and professional." - Comment from Pat
"I had always used ******* but for the past 2 weeks have been trying DTN IQFeed. Customer support has been extraordinary. They call just to make sure your problem hasn't recurred." - Comment from Public Forum
"Just a quick one to say I'm very impressed so far :) The documentation for developers is excellent and I've quickly managed to get an app written to do historical downloads. The system is very robust and pretty quick considering the extent of data that's available. The support guys have been very helpful too, in combination with the forums it's been plain sailing so far!" - Comment from Adam
"Everything is working great ! Very impressive client. The news refreshes better and is more pertinent than the ******* feed I paid $ 100/month for. I Also like the charts a lot." - Comment from Leon
"The service is great, I see a noticeable improvement in my volume profiles over [broker]'s data feed" - Comment from Larry
"It’s so nice to be working with real professionals!" - Comment from Len
"I am very pleased with the DTNIQ system for quotes and news." - Comment from Larry
"Just a thank you for the very helpful and prompt assistance and services. You provided me with noticeably superior service in my setup compared to a couple of other options I had looked at." - Comment from John
"I have been using IQFeed now for a few years in MultiCharts and I have zero complaints. Very, very rare to have any data hiccups or anything at all go wrong." - Comment from Public Forum
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »IQFeed Developer Support »Option Chains Not Responding Correctly
Author Topic: Option Chains Not Responding Correctly (5 messages, Page 1 of 1)

asavage
-Interested User-

Posted: Jan 6, 2006 04:30 AM          Msg. 1 of 5
I am trying to obtain option Symbols for QQQQ. It has been working since 3 AM. but now appears to be having problems starting ~ 5:15 AM EST. I believe this happened yesterday as well, but seem to clear up later in the morning. Is there some kind of maintenance happening in this time window or am I not as sharp this early in the morning?

Here is the TELNET screen capture:
OES,QQQ QAV,AB,1;!ERROR! !NONE!

!ENDMSG!
OES,QQQQ,AB,1;!ERROR! !NONE!

!ENDMSG!

asavage
-Interested User-

Posted: Jan 6, 2006 04:49 AM          Msg. 2 of 5
This now appears to work. So the problem has repeated from yesterday. Please let me know what's goin' on.

Thanks
Andy

TELNET Screen Capture:
OES,QQQQ,AB,1;QAV AA,QAV AB,QAV AC,QAV AD,QAV AE,QAV AF,QAV AG,QAV AH,QAV AY,QAV
AZ,QAV BA,QAV BB,QAV BC,QAV BD,QAV BE,QAV BF,QAV BG,QAV BH,QAV BW,QAV BX,QAV BY
,QAV BZ,QQQ AA,QQQ AC,QQQ AH,QQQ AI,QQQ AJ,QQQ AK,QQQ AL,QQQ AM,QQQ AN,QQQ AO,QQ
Q AP,QQQ AQ,QQQ AR,QQQ AS,QQQ AT,QQQ AU,QQQ AV,QQQ AW,QQQ AX,QQQ AY,QQQ AZ,QQQ B
A,QQQ BB,QQQ BC,QQQ BI,QQQ BJ,QQQ BK,QQQ BL,QQQ BM,QQQ BN,QQQ BO,QQQ BP,QQQ BQ,Q
QQ BR,QQQ BS,QQQ BT,QQQ BU,QQQ BV,QQQ BW,QQQ BX,QQQ BY,QQQ BZ,ODH AA,ODH AB,ODH
AC,ODH AD,ODH AE,ODH AF,ODH AG,ODH AH,OHF AD,OHF AE,OHF AF,OHF AG,OHF AH,OZC AD,
OZC AE,OZC AF,OZC AG,OZC AH,OZC AY,VCQ AC,VCQ AH,VCQ AI,VCQ AJ,VCQ AK,VCQ AL,VCQ
AM,VCQ AN,VCQ AO,VCQ AP,VCQ AQ,VCQ AR,VCQ AS,VCQ AT,VCQ AU,VCQ AV,VCQ AW,VCQ AX
,VQG AA,VQG AB,VQG AC,VQG AD,VQG AE,VQG AF,VQG AI,VQG AJ,VQG AK,VQG AM,VQG AN,VQ
G AO,VQG AP,VQG AS,VQG AT,VQG AU,VQG AV,VQG AW,VQG AX,VQG AY,VQG AZ,WD AA,WD AB,
WD AC,WD AD,WD AE,WD AF,WD AG,WD AH,WD AI,WD AJ,WD AK,WD AL,WD AM,WD AN,WD AO,WD
AY,WD AZ,WQC AA,WQC AB,WQC AC,WQC AD,WQC AE,WQC AF,WQC AG,WQC AH,WQC AI,WQC AJ,
WQC AK,WQC AL,WQC AM,WQC AN,WQC AO,WQC AP,WQC AQ,WQC AR,WQC AS,WQC AT,WQC AU,WQC
AW,WQC AX,WQC AY,WQC AZ,YIZ AA,YIZ AB,YIZ AC,YIZ AD,YIZ AE,YIZ AF,YIZ AG,YIZ AH
,YIZ AI,YIZ AJ,YIZ AK,YIZ AL,YIZ AM,YIZ AN,YIZ AO,YIZ AP,YIZ AQ,YIZ AR,YIZ AS,YI
Z AT,YIZ AU,YIZ AV,YIZ AW,YIZ AX,YIZ AY,YIZ AZ,YWZ AC,YWZ AH,YWZ AP,YWZ AQ,YWZ A
R,YWZ AS,YWZ AT,YWZ AU,YWZ AV,YWZ AW,YWZ AX,:

!ENDMSG!

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Jan 6, 2006 11:29 AM          Msg. 3 of 5
Andy, It does appear that this is the time of the day when our servers are rebuilding this data resulting in this issue.

This process is currently being worked on to improve its performance which should result in a drastic reduction in the amount of time that these lookups are not available.
Edited by DTN_Steve_S on Jan 6, 2006 at 11:33 AM

asavage
-Interested User-

Posted: Jan 6, 2006 05:22 PM          Msg. 4 of 5
Thanks for looking into this. Is there a published document when these scheduled outages occur. This would save me and others alot of time troubleshooting if we knew the schedule.

Thanks Again
Andy

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Jan 9, 2006 03:43 PM          Msg. 5 of 5
We currently do not have a listing of scheduled maintainance but we will work on putting one together soon.

Time: Sat May 4, 2024 6:37 PM CFBB v1.2.0 13 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003