Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I had always used ******* but for the past 2 weeks have been trying DTN IQFeed. Customer support has been extraordinary. They call just to make sure your problem hasn't recurred." - Comment from Public Forum
"I just wanted to tell you what a fine job you have been doing. While *******, from what I hear, has been down and out, off and on, IQ feed has held like a champ this week." - Comment from Shirin
"I was with ******* for 4 years at $230 a month, this is a huge savings for me, GOD BLESS YOU PEOPLE," - Comment from T.S. via Email
"If you want customer service that answers the phone, your best bet is IQFeed. I cannot stop praising them or their technical support. They are always there for you, and they are quick. I have used ****** too but the best value is IQFeed." - Comment from Public Forum
"I just wanted to let u know that your data feed/service is by far the best!!! Your unfiltered tick data is excellent for reading order flow and none of your competitors delivers this quality of data!" - Comment from Peter via Email
"I am enjoying the feed very much - so superior to the broker provided feed I was previously using." - Comment from George
"Interactive Brokers tick data was inconsistent, so I have switched to using DTN exclusively. It is great to no longer have to worry about my datafeed all day long." - Comment from Philippe
"I've never had DTN go out on me since switching. ******* would go down a couple times every month when I was using them." - Comment from Bryce in AL.
"Everything is working great with the API. I love it." - Comment from Calvin
"For anyone considering using DTN.IQ for a data feed, my experience with the quality of data and the tech support has been very positive." - Comment from Public Forum
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »IQFeed Developer Support »ID in symbol lookup?
Author Topic: ID in symbol lookup? (5 messages, Page 1 of 1)

adrian
-Interested User-

Posted: Oct 28, 2008 12:28 PM          Msg. 1 of 5
I'm confused by the symbol lookup functions SSE, SSF, SES, etc.

I don't see any way to pass a request Id and the returned lines don't contain anything to indicate that they are from a symbol request. How is this supposed to work in a real application where we may have several active concurrent requests for streaming data or have multiple threads performing different requests?

Can you please add a request Id?

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Oct 28, 2008 12:45 PM          Msg. 2 of 5
adrian, you are correct that the Symbol lookup requests do not allow for a requestID to be sent in. At this time, only history requests in the new request protocol (beta) have this functionality. In future versions of IQFeed we will be enhancing the other interfaces.

The intended method for using IQFeed lookups without a requestID is to simply make sure your previous request has completed before making a new request OR to make the requests on seperate connections to the LookupPort.

Also keep in mind that we maintain a complete list of symbols that is updated once a day available for download on the website here: http://www.dtniq.com/product/mktsymbols.zip

adrian
-Interested User-

Posted: Oct 28, 2008 01:20 PM          Msg. 3 of 5
Thanks steve.

mvo
-Interested User-

Posted: Apr 9, 2009 02:49 PM          Msg. 4 of 5
Is there a complete list of US equities as well?

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Apr 9, 2009 02:59 PM          Msg. 5 of 5
The same file should have all symbols which would include equities. If you are asking if there is a complete list of ONLY equities, the answer is no. You would need to filter out the equities from the above list.

Time: Wed May 1, 2024 6:56 PM CFBB v1.2.0 15 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003