Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"Excellent datafeed !!!" - Comment from Arely
"I "bracket trade" all major news releases and I have not found one lag or glitch with DTN.IQ feed. I am very comfortable with their feed under all typical news conditions (Fed releases, employment numbers, etc)." - Comment from Public Forum
"Everything is working great ! Very impressive client. The news refreshes better and is more pertinent than the ******* feed I paid $ 100/month for. I Also like the charts a lot." - Comment from Leon
"I have to tell you though that using the IQFeed API is about the easiest and cleanest I have seen for some time." - Comment from Jim
"I am keeping IQFeed, much better reliabilty than *******. I may refer a few other people in the office to switch as well." - Comment from Don
"After all the anxiety I had with my previous data provider it is a relief not to have to worry about data speed and integrity." - Comment from Eamonn
"I just wanted to say how happy I am with your service. I was able to download the API docs last week and I was able to replicate Interactive Brokers historical bar queries and realtime bar queries over the weekend. That was about one of the fastest integrations that I've ever done and it works perfectly!!!!" - Comment from Jason via Email
"If you want customer service that answers the phone, your best bet is IQFeed. I cannot stop praising them or their technical support. They are always there for you, and they are quick. I have used ****** too but the best value is IQFeed." - Comment from Public Forum
"The service is great, I see a noticeable improvement in my volume profiles over [broker]'s data feed" - Comment from Larry
"Interactive Brokers tick data was inconsistent, so I have switched to using DTN exclusively. It is great to no longer have to worry about my datafeed all day long." - Comment from Philippe
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »Data and Content Support »TICK.Z or JTNT.Z
Author Topic: TICK.Z or JTNT.Z (5 messages, Page 1 of 1)

Karish
-Interested User-

Posted: Mar 30, 2011 02:04 AM          Msg. 1 of 5
In mktsymbols TICK.Z does not appear (though it appears in the web site), instead I found JTNT.Z, I load both of them using (Neoticker) and they are identical. except that TICK.Z will not load history for the previous day (odd).

Which one is the correct symbol to use for NYSE NET TICK?

Thanks,

Karish
-Interested User-

Posted: Mar 30, 2011 02:48 AM          Msg. 2 of 5
Just to add to my confusion I compared TICK.Z with two other vendors, and the two others are closely similar but IQ TICK.Z has a constant shift over 100 ticks from the two others.

File Attached: ACF91B4.jpg (downloaded 1896 times)

Stan S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Mar 30, 2011 08:39 AM          Msg. 3 of 5
Hi Karish,

We are able to get the 120 days tick data for both TICK.Z and the JTNT.Z at this end. There may be a setting in your NeoTicker that is limiting the amount of historical data. Please contact us directly and we can take a closer look at your IQ Feed to confirm all is running properly. You can call us toll free in the US at 800-397-7000 or you use the live chat available from our web site www.IQFeed.net

Stan S

What we do today, determines how people remember us forever.
Be the positive force in someone life.

Karish
-Interested User-

Posted: Mar 30, 2011 08:46 AM          Msg. 4 of 5
Thx for coming back, the issues I have are:

1. What is the reason IQ NYSE TICK is shifted away from the two other vendors, as shown at the attached file.
2. are TICK.Z / JTNT.Z the same?

Thx Eyal

Stan S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Mar 30, 2011 09:12 AM          Msg. 5 of 5
The TICK.Z & JTNT.Z are the same thing. The difference between venders data is due to these being vender calculated indexes. Each data vender figures the quotes themselves. The numbers will almost never match from 1 vender to the other, due to differences in how the data if calculated. All the indexes we calculate are on a 1 second refresh, if the other providers are using different time spans to calculate the index then the numbers will be different.

Our Market Integrity dept and QuoteDev did extensive testing and research (March 2010) to try and determine why our TICK stat was a bit different from other vendors. We couldn’t nail it down because we are not certain how other vendors are calculating their stat.

We are at a point where we would need somebody to get the exact details regarding how these other vendors are calculating their TICK. Obtaining this type of competitor information is highly unlikely.

I hope this helps.

Stan S

What we do today, determines how people remember us forever.
Be the positive force in someone life.

Time: Thu April 18, 2024 6:50 AM CFBB v1.2.0 13 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003