Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"The people at Nirvana have very nice things to say about your company and I can see why! Price and service is a potent combination." - Comment from Ed
"I cannot believe what a difference it makes trading with ProphetX!" - Comment from Bruce in Los Angeles
"IQ feed is brilliant. The support is mind-bending. What service!" - Comment from Public Forum Post
"Thanks for following up with me. You guys do a great job in tech support." - Comment from Phelps
"I am very happy I changed. I love the product, but more so I am thrilled with Tech Support. You are knowledgeable, polite, pleasant and professional." - Comment from Pat
"Thank God for your Data Feed as the only Zippers I see are on my pants (LOL), and no more 200 pip spikes to mess up charts." - Comment from Spiro via Email
"I've been using Neoticker RT with IQFeed for two months, and I'm very happy with both of the products (I've had IQFeed for two years with very few complaints). The service from both companies is exceptional." - Comment from Public Forum
"My broker in Davenport suggested I give you a try as he uses your service and says its the best." - Comment from Bill via RT Chat
"Version 4.0.0.2 has been working well for me and I appreciate that it is now a much tighter client to work with. I feel I can go to press with my own application and rely on a stable platform" - Comment from David in IA.
"Its working FABULOUSLY for me!! Holy cow...there has been so much I've been missing lately, and with this feed and Linnsoft software...I'm in the game now." - Comment from Chris R.
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »Data and Content Support »BIDU Daily vs Minute
Author Topic: BIDU Daily vs Minute (7 messages, Page 1 of 1)

markmm
-Interested User-

Posted: Feb 6, 2013 05:53 PM          Msg. 1 of 7
Hi,

I was comparing daily vs minute bars for BIDU and there is major differences for example

2008-03-03 Open is 251.74 on first few minute bars but daily says 25.34, is there a reason for this, split adjustment or something?

Thanks

DTN_CurtisT
-DTN Technical Support-

Posted: Feb 6, 2013 06:05 PM          Msg. 2 of 7
Hello Markmm, I believe that this is the result of BIDU having a split occur however I have forwarded your question onto our Market Data Services dept. for further investigation to know for sure. As soon as we hear back from them we will update this post.

Thanks.

Curtis Thompson
support@iqfeed.net
support@dtniq.com
Trading Markets Customer Service
1-800-397-7000 x3614

DTN_CurtisT
-DTN Technical Support-

Posted: Feb 6, 2013 06:24 PM          Msg. 3 of 7
Hello Markmm, here is what I have received from our Market Data Services dept. in regards to the BIDU.

"BIDU had a 10-for-1 stock split on 5/12/10. Daily/weekly/monthly history is split adjusted on IQ, but minute data is not."

If you have any other problems or questions please let us know.

Thanks.

Curtis Thompson
support@iqfeed.net
support@dtniq.com
support@prophetx.com
Trading Markets Customer Service
1-800-397-7000

markmm
-Interested User-

Posted: Feb 7, 2013 04:15 AM          Msg. 4 of 7
OK thanks for the response. I use daily data to quickly look back n days, but use minute data for my backtesting. I guess I can just ditch the daily data and use intraday exclusively. This leads to my next question, is there a feed for split info for a symbol?

DTN_ToddH
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Feb 7, 2013 07:40 AM          Msg. 5 of 7
Hello Markmm,

We have two data fields in IQFeed that carry this information - split factor 1 and split factor 2. I have attached a screenshot of a DTN Snap Quote that shows the information (near the bottom). If your software requests these data fields, they are available in IQFeed. Thank you.

File Attached: bidu.png (downloaded 2148 times)

markmm
-Interested User-

Posted: Feb 7, 2013 08:13 AM          Msg. 6 of 7
Ok thanks, I am only going back as far as 2007 so can I assume the majority of the big NASDAQ stocks have not had more than 2 splits since then?

DTN_ToddH
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Feb 7, 2013 08:42 AM          Msg. 7 of 7
In general, that is probably fair to say, but if you have any questions about a specific company, let us know at Support@IQFeed.net and we can look into it.

Time: Fri April 19, 2024 7:44 AM CFBB v1.2.0 8 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003